Prodigy Finance - who are we?
Prodigy Finance is a platform that delivers socially responsible financial services, making it possible for students to fulfill their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools by financing their international postgraduate studies, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over $1 billion dollars in loans to over 19000 students from over 150 countries attending over 750 world-class universities around the world.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital and RMIH.
What will you do in the role?
The People Business Partner will report to the People Operations Manager and will play an integral role in the People Team by working closely with managers and teams from various areas of the business to implement the People Strategy in line with the company’s goals. The People Business partner will end-to-end assistance across the full employee lifecycle.
What are the roles and responsibilities of this role?
- Provide assistance with all operational people issues of the employee lifecycle in your assigned business areas, including but not limited to recruitment, onboarding, performance, learning and development, IR and exit process.
- Work closely with the People Operations Manager to anticipate positive and negative trends in the company and find smart people solutions to address them.
- Assistance with the implementation of a competitive remuneration, bonus and benefits scheme including the administration of payroll across 4 entities as well as the Employee Share Options Scheme.
- Partner with managers on organisation design and development as well as learning and development needs.
- Ensure the company is aligned with employment and compliance regulatory concerns including regulatory reporting i.e. Employment Equity Report and WSP/ATR.
- Work closely with our Head of Talent to develop and implement an inspiring recruitment, and talent management strategy that will support our growth plans.
- Develop and implement various internal policies and procedures.
- Responsible for people analytics and the analysing of data to drive tactics.
- Management of IR interventions.
- Assistance with administration.
What would the ideal candidate be great at?
- Organised and proactive with strong attention to detail and an unswerving focus on quality. Able to multitask, project manage and prioritise.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; empathetic, flexible and professional. Able to build rapport and trust with colleagues and suppliers.
- High EQ; can read people, excellent listening skills, patience, motivation to understand the needs and wants of others.
- Ability to work autonomously without micro-management; possess the inner drive to set and deliver work in a timely fashion. Can see what needs to be done and breaks down tasks and problems into manageable components independently.
- Bias to action, self-motivated with a can-do attitude; flexible, able to thrive in a relentlessly fast-paced environment where not everything is perfect (yet!). Able to think outside the box and actively seek solutions to problems.
- Strong desire to assist others and put your hand up for additional responsibilities when needed.
- Highly analytical.
Qualifications and experience
- 5+ years of progressive human resources management experience and staffing, preferably in a fast-growing environment and on an international level. Experience in a call centre environment is advantageous.
- Degree in Organisational Psychology, Human Resources Management, Communications, Business Administration or a related field.
- Strong working knowledge of all HR functional areas including, onboarding, training and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation, and benefits.
- Payroll and regulatory reporting experience.
- Strong excel ability.
- Strong accountability and result-driven.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- High levels of integrity, and organisational and cultural awareness combined with sound people judgment skills.
- Wednesday 28th October 2020