BDO’s global organisation extends across 167 countries and territories, with 88,120 people working out of 1,617 offices – and we’re all working towards one goal: to provide our clients with exceptional service. Our firms across the organisation cooperate closely and comply with consistent operating principles and quality standards.
At BDO, we believe in investing in our people to help them grow, both professionally and personally. The foundation of our business is strong relationship, with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders and we work hard every day to make this a reality. Our commitment is to create unlimited growth by giving our people continuous opportunities. BDO Johannesburg has a vacancy for a Procurement Manager within the Finance Department. The incumbent will be reporting to the Senior Management within Finance.
The procurement manager will run the purchasing department and will be responsible for crafting effective procurement strategies, finding cost-effective deals and suppliers, and supply chain management from initial requisition to invoice payment. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of the main priorities for this role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop procurement strategies that are inventive, innovative and cost-effective.
- Re-design, refine and implement procurement process and related controls
- Once implemented, act as custodian of the procurement process and control environment
- Source and engage reliable suppliers and vendors including oversight of the tender process and supplier due diligence.
- Negotiate with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms which include but are not limited to longer payment terms, and also ensure that vendors do not accept orders without approved purchase orders.
- Negotiate and monitor service levels and ensure that suppliers adhere to agreed service levels and that these are defined and supported by service level agreements.
- Update and maintain the approved vendor list, remove vendors that no longer meet procurement standards and ensure that general/ad-hoc vendors are eliminated
- Work closely with the legal and risk team to review existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility and perform annual supplier audits and due diligences including performance evaluations.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Oversee the purchase order approval process to ensure that purchase orders are approved timeously, accounted for correctly, approved by the right levels of seniority according to the delegated levels of authority and within set budget levels.
- Assist with obtaining necessary approvals for out of budget expenditure.
- Perform risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Control the procurement budget and promote a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Prepare procurement reports and presentations to Exco and ad-hoc reporting.
- Ensure that the company’s procurement is in line with the requirements of the Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Codes as it relates to Supplier and Enterprise Development and ensure that certificates are updated and only suppliers at the minimum defined BEE levels are engaged with.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- CA (SA) preferable
- At least 10 years’ experience in procurement or financial management.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Knowledge of Maconomy and workflow design an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and written).
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder relationship management.
- Entrepreneurial flair (Business Acumen and Cost Saving Strategies)
- Negotiation and Conflict Management skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Quality and detail oriented.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Management and leadership skills and the ability to enforce controls at all levels including directors
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Relationships and Collaboration
- Exceptional Client Service
- Business Growth
- Engaging people
- Inclusive Agile Leadership
- Quality, Risk management and Operational transformation