Telesure Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd (TIH) is the holding company of some of South Africas leading and innovative financial institutions. These financial institutions are licensed to provide financial products and/or services ranging from short-term, long-term and health insurance as well as a comparison and investment platforms. Our origins go back to ...
Read more about this company
- Manage the process for how information is exchanged in order to successfully facilitate the work stream to ensure the successful delivery of a project.
Network of Influence
- Participate actively in the development and nurturing of networks and relationships internally and externally to support successful implementation of digital initiatives. Continuously promote open communication channels within the scrum team to ensure alignment. Build and maintain solid relationships with the product owners and stakeholders to ensure delivery.
- Facilitate projects while working within an established program management plan. Organise and facilitate Scrum related meetings i.e. sprint planning, scrum standups, backlog refinement, sprint review, sprint retrospective.
Training development and delivery
- Design and develop content for training courses to fill gaps in established program, and run complex or customized training courses to improve employee performance. Involves focusing on a specific functional area. Ensure work teams have an up to date understanding of Scrum best practices.
Digital Strategy / Transformational Projects Execution
- Build and populate dashboards and reporting mechanisms to capture results and improvement opportunities for digital initiatives. Ensure that impediments are raised by the team and timeously resolved. Create a clear understanding of user stories to ensure efficient delivery.
- Respond to personal objectives and use performance management systems to improve personal performance. OR Monitor the performance of the team; allocate work and review completion, take appropriate corrective action to ensure timeliness and quality. Foster an environment with high team morale through celebrating small wins and accomplishments whilst reminding the team of mission/value statements for each project. Encourage and protect a self-organising scrum team.
Digital Vision and Strategy
- Support strategy formulation for digital by exploring how information technology can be used to help the organization become more responsive to customer needs and changing business requirements.
Digital Talent Development
- Help to prepare training for digital areas within existing programs. Deliver targeted, standardized training programs (or pieces of larger training programs) for digital areas using prepared content and working under the supervision of senior colleagues.
Improvement / Innovation
- Identify shortcomings in existing agile processes and procedures, and use established change management programs to address them. Continually improve team delivery using the Scrum methodology.
Personal Capability Building
- Develop own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gain or maintain external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfill personal potential. Maintain an in-depth understanding of technology, external regulation, and Scrum best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and reading specialist media.
- General Education
- Grade 12/ SAQA Accredited Equivalent (Essential)
- Scrum Master Certification (Essential)
- Degree or Diploma in Education (Advantageous)
- 2 years + experience fulfilling Scrum Master role (Essential)
- 3 or more years’ experience in the digital environments (Essential)
- 2 years + experience Facilitating multi-location scrum teams (Advantageous)
- Training or facilitation experience (Advantageous)
- Experience within the Financial Services Industry (Advantageous)
*SAQA Accredited Equivalent* - It is the onus of the applicant to provide TIH and its subsidiaries with certified evidence that their qualification(s) meet the equivalent NQF level required for this role at time of application.
- Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA)** competency requirements: FAIS recognized qualifications / Regulatory Examinations / Class of Business Certification and / or CPD according to your DOFA (where applicable) - As a registered Financial Service Provider, we are mandated to ensure that all our representatives are always and remain fit and proper at all times. By applying for this role, you consent to having your relevant qualification and or accreditation or confirm that you are working towards meeting the competency requirements. You further consent to the relevant information being verified.
- The Company's approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply. TIH is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.
- Internal Applications: This role is graded at C-Lower. Should you apply and you are currently employed at a higher grade and are found successful, your total reward package may be impacted.
- Should you not hear from our team in 30 days, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
- Unlock your greatness & be unstoppable
Telesure Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd (TIH), is the holding company of some of South Africa’s leading financial service providers. Our portfolio includes short-term insurers, a long-term insurer, health insurance as well as an insurance and personal finance comparison platform. We’re pioneers with a hunger for best, bringing customer-focused innovation and service excellence to the financial services industry. We’re an undivided team of diverse thinkers and doers who believe in leading through technology and pushing past their limits.
What we offer
TIH offers an exceptional benefits programme, and competitive compensation packages. You have options for Life Cover, Disability Benefits, Provident Fund, Medical Aid, and more. Office benefits include free undercover parking, free Wi-Fi, ATMs, an onsite gym, subsidised meals, convenience store, coffee shop, an on-site Dischem store, free seasonal fruits – every day, and an Active Access walking programme
Job Closing Date 31/10/2021