Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
About the job
Durban University of Technology (DUT) is located on the warm east coast of South Africa. It sprawls over seven
(7) campuses in tropical and picturesque Durban, and in Pietermaritzburg, with its undulating hills that flow over from the Drakensberg Mountain.
According to our ENVISION2030 strategy, DUT’s DNA has two strands, namely ‘people-centred and engaged’ and ‘innovative and entrepreneurial’. These are interwoven intrinsically by a number of double pairs consisting of ‘values and principles’ that bind our double-helix together. The extrinsic expression of our DNA is via The DUT-Way; which demonstrates our collective character and behaviour.
The University’s ultimate goal is to contribute towards improving the lives and livelihoods of all its people, both internal and external. DUT consistently strives towards excellence and greatness in teaching-learning and in research-innovation; something that has been recognized recently when The Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings placed DUT within the top 500 of Universities in the world and within the top 5 universities in South Africa. The enactment of these internationally recognized strengths is demonstrated in our impactful engagement internally and externally in service of our localities, the region and the country at large.
Internal Applications are invited from interested person(s) for the under-mentioned post. This post is also open to external candidates
Department of Chemistry
Ref: Post C106
A PhD / Doctorate qualification in Physical Chemistry.
At least 5 years teaching experience / professional experience.
Evidence of publication track record in peer reviewed journals.
Evidence of completed postgraduate supervision.
Good communication and lecturing skills.
A strong passion for teaching and research.
Professional registration with SACI.
Summary of Duties:
Teach Physical Chemistry subjects at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in Chemistry
Supervision of postgraduate projects and postgraduate students.
Development of learning material for different courses.
Actively involved in research and research activities.
Active participation in Work Integrated Learning (WIL) and industrial projects.
Knowledge of online learning software, e.g. Moodle, Blackboard, Teams.
Participation in community engagement projects.
Assist with administrative duties as delegated.
Any other duties as prescribed by the Head of Department.
Senior Lecturer: R401 808 (min) – R697 752 (max) per annum, plus benefits
Contact Person: Mr. S Patchappan
Email Address: [email protected]
Status of Position: Permanent
Applications should include:
1. A fully completed prescribed application form which can be obtained from www.dut.ac.za (under the QUICK LINKS tab - @careers)
2. A detailed curriculum vita (explicitly stating experience or knowledge in the above-mentioned fields)
3. Covering letter.
4. Certified copies of all academic records and certificates
5. Current contact information of referees
6. Please email applications to [email protected] and quote the post reference and post description in the subject line.
7. No manual applications will be accepted, and incomplete applications will be disregarded.
8. Only applications made on our application for employment form would be considered.
9. Communication will be entered into with short-listed candidates only.
Closing date: 16 November 2021
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers