The purpose of this role is to develop and maintain global enabling mechanisms for successful stakeholder identification, engagement, relations and issue resolution in support of the relevant function. This includes:
- Action research and benchmarking in support of stakeholder relations engagements globally to advance Sasol's issues and reputation;
- Development and maintenance of globally applicable processes and measures for effective stakeholder identification, issue identification, clustering and reporting;
- Orientation, sensitization and training with respect to stakeholder relations across Sasol;
- Compliance, monitoring and reporting on Sasol's relations with stakeholders;
- Development of policies applicable to stakeholder engagement
Action research and benchmarking in support of the Sasol stakeholder relations function:
- Scan wider environment to identify and prioritise issues that could impact Sasol’s role as a respected corporate citizen;
- Identify and execute research that supports Sasol’s advocacy efforts e.g. impact of Sasol on the economy;
- Socio-economic analysis including but not limited to cost benefit analysis;
- Research and benchmarking of issues and topic prioritisation for management reporting.
Development and maintenance of processes and measures for effective stakeholder identification, issue identification, clustering and reporting:
- CoE for Stakeholder engagement approach;
- Develop metrics to measure engagement effectiveness;
- Incorporate learnings into issues matrix and topic clustering;
- Maintain engagement matrix;
- Implement and maintain stakeholder and issue management software;
- Being a focal point for integration and synthesis of issues and topics (for example, in updating the commitments dashboard and issues management document quarterly);
- Define stakeholder engagement process for relevant OME’s;
- Conduct Group issue clustering;
- Ensure optimal digitalisation of reporting;
- Enable team to meet targets through, departmental KPI setting;
- Manage reporting/board meeting cycle;
- Managing perception survey process with OMEs.
Compliance, monitoring and reporting:
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the Sasol stakeholder-focused initiatives and reflect this in the relevant dashboards etc;
- Integrate and synthesise detailed information for GEC/Board (including engagement reports, briefings packs etc);
- Issues management reporting;
- Drafting reports to governance committees.
- Developing and socialising Sasol positions on issues;
- Strengthen and execute training programme of the function.
Development of Group Policies and standards relating to stakeholder relations based on global best practice
- Review and update stakeholder engagement training material
- Identify policies required and develop these, based on best practice, suitable for Sasol's circumstances
Leadership and Values
Stakeholders and networking:
- Developing a network of stakeholders in and outside the organisation with the aim to stay abreast of the stakeholder relations discipline, issues, derive priorities and enhance gravitas as advocate and relationship builder.
Embody Sasol Group Values:
- With Safety, Health and Environment as top priority the incumbent ensures that these elements are considered and included in advice, services as well as the development and implementation of solutions;
- All people are treated with respect and dignity, and a high premium is placed on building and maintaining relationships in pursuit of goal achievement;
- In terms of valuing and promotion of Diversity and Inclusion the incumbent ensures that participation, dialogue and open communication is at the center of this. In addition to continuously challenge own and others’ stereotypes and biases and address this in an emotionally intelligent fashion;
- Acting with Respect and Integrity always, implies that the incumbent is consistent in decision making and action, keep to commitments, professional in conduct and take care with respect to confidentiality;
- With respect to Compliance with All Applicable Legal Requirements, the incumbent ensures that all advice, support, solutions and actions comply with the laws, regulations and standards required and protect Sasol and its employees in terms of financial and reputational damage;
- In terms of Ownership and Accountability for individual and team performance, the incumbent ensures that commitments are maintained, deadlines respected, and rework is kept to the minimum. In addition, that continuous feedback and reporting regarding progress, as well as challenges are prioritised and communicated in an open and transparent fashion;
- By delivering on promises to Customers, Shareholders and Other Stakeholders the incumbent ensures that advice, support and solutions show a clear line of sight to the growth, profit optimisation and sustainability goals of Sasol.
Relationships, Teamwork and Collaboration
Knowledge development and influencing:
- Participation in knowledge development, management and stakeholder forums and develop strong internal relationship with the aim of ascertaining stakeholder perceptions, needs, issues etc.
Internal - Executive committees of the various OMEs, Group SVPs/VPs and GEC
- Partnering with relevant business units and departments to prioritise and advance key business issues requiring resolution;
- Harvesting relevant issues, analysis, updating of dashboards and reporting;
- Providing information, report writing etc.
Relevant government departments, professional associations, research institutes and policy analysis specialists.
- Maintain contact and analyse perceptions of Sasol, their needs and priorities with respect to the Group;
- Establish communication channels and forums for interaction, knowledge management and issue identification;
- Build trust, mutual respect and understanding.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
Required entry Qualifications:
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree
- Post graduate degree is an advantage
Required entry Years of relevant experience:
- 11 years’ relevant experience.
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Applied Research
- Advanced Report Writing
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Persuades and influences stakeholders, builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Creates synergies through working across boundaries.
- Demonstrates good business acumen, a global mind set and exercises sound judgment.
- Demonstrate sound multi-functional stakeholder management and engagement abilities.
- Internal Stakeholder Engagement
- Government and Public Relations
- Business / Technical Writing
- Report Writing
- Presentation Skills
- Research / problem solving