CTO Risk, Treasury & Finance (RTF) are the Technology partner supporting Credit Risk, Treasury, Finance, Regulatory Reporting, Data and Business Intelligence. We handle the consumption of the Bank’s data for calculation of risk metrics and making the outputs available to business and regulators. Our task is the successful delivery of innovative solutions that enable business efficiency.
The Credit Risk IT team is looking for Specialist UI Developers
Key critical requirements:
- Min 5 years development experience
- A Bachelor’s of Information & Computer Science
- A strong background in Java and related technologies, REST services, J2EE, XML, JSON.
- Angular 6+ experience with strong TypeScript skills
- Good knowledge of SQL skills
- Unix scripting knowledge preferable
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Git, Confluence
- Team player with ability to work independently if required
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent communication, analytical skills and decision making ability in collaborative environments
- Oracle and PostGresSQL DB experience
- Understanding of Credit Business and familiarity with financial products
- AWS experience
- Apply critical thinking, design thinking and problem solving skills in an agile team environment to solve technical problems (Front End, Back End OR Middleware) with high quality solutions
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Evaluate analysis, problem definition, business requirements, solution development & provide recommendations to enable the operational feasibility of solutions
- Quickly produce well-organised, optimized, and documented source code deliver technical solutions
- Ensure designs & solutions support the technical organisation principles of self-service, repeatability, testability, scalability & resilience
- Apply general design patterns and paradigms to deliver technical solutions
- Support the development of CI / CD Pipelines (authoring & supporting CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins / similar tools and deploying to multi-site Kubernetes environments – supporting and managing your applications all the way to production)
- Use & configure modern observability techniques leveraging e.g. aggregated logging via ELK stack, metrics via Prometheus / Grafana / NewRElic and tracing using Zipkin/Jaeger
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes
- Debug existing source code and polish feature sets.
- Work with integrated teams and other developers to improve and evolve technical products and services
- Align all application development & development process to Group Architecture & Infrastructure guidelines
- Provide input into project & program teams (when required) to plan & manage the development lifecycle e.g. releases, risk management, testing, integration etc.
- Conduct reviews, performance monitoring & ongoing optimization and maintenance on applications
- Stay ahead of the curve on emerging technologies and development practices and continuously evolve existing knowledge & skill in preparation for cross domain and other experiences e.g. Secure Side, Testing, Infrastructure solutions etc.
Bachelor's Degree: Information Technology
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised