Originally established in 1997, Pioneer Foods is now one of the largest listed FMCG Companies in South Africa, producing and distributing a broad range of branded foods and beverages. In 2008 we were listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). Mainly operating in SA, we provide wholesale, retail and informal trade customers with wholesome, high quality products. As well as export our goods to more than 60 countries around the globe. With our people-come-first approach to everything we do and commitment to excellence, our range of products has grown to include some of the most beloved brands, such as WEET-BIX, Liqui-Fruit, Ceres, SASKO, Safari, Spekko and White Star Super Maize Meal. Today, we have three main divisions:
- Implement and maintain quality systems and standards (GFSI) and Good Manufacturing Practices. Also responsible for managing set-up of SOPs within the business. Ensure adequate auditing and follow-up improvements of the relevant systems are undertaken where required.
- Analyse the efficiency, adequacy and suitability of the quality management systems
- Perform internal and quality systems audits. Validate the monitoring, measuring and recording of finished product quality
- Tested and controlled raw materials, packaging & finished products; resolved customer complaints & product returns
- Implementation and continuous improvement of Incoming Receiving, Sampling and Testing and Laboratory Systems & drawing up relevant SOP’s
- Management of adequate plant and site pest control and pest control contracts
- Co-ordinate and lead investigations on consumer complaints
- Management of all quality incidents such as product retrievals and recalls, where necessary Perform and maintain the functional laboratory methodology training of Lab Technician(s) to reach a level of fully operational in this field. Ensuring that all lab equipment is in good working order and calibrated as required and procurement of laboratory consumables. Manage the relationship of our outsourced Testing partners.
- Submission of monthly quality reports to the local providing accurate data and information. Monitoring of trends and taking appropriate corrective actions e.g. Consumer complaints.
- Identify training needs and conduct training sessions to support the Quality and Food Safety systems.
- 5 - 6 years as Quality Assurance Manager in FMCG environment
- Computer Skills (SAP, MS Office - Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
National Diploma in Food Technology or related field
- Facilitate external audits
- People management skills
- QMS Policy and procedure writing
- Implemented preventative maintenance and optimised plant, vehicle or equipment
- Manage internal maintenance projects and controlled maintenance cost, equipment & spares inventory
- Implemented equipment upgrades & enhancements
- Ensured occupational safety and health
- Managed team
- Five to six years relevant experience within the manufacturing environment
- Three years supervisory /managerial experience
Relevant Technical Trade (N5)
- Computer skills including SAP, MM, SD, MS Office, PLC, etc.
- Maintenance Budgeting
- Vendor management skills
- PM Implementation and maintenance experience
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.