Airports Company South Africa was formed in 1993 as a public company and, although majority owned by the South African Government, is legally and financially autonomous and operates under commercial law. Over the years, the company has transformed a fragmented, infrastructural parastatal into a focused, customer driven, efficient and commercially successful business. The company manages a network of nine airports in South Africa, including the three main international gateways of O.R. Tambo International, Cape Town International and King Shaka International Airports. In 2012, the nine airports facilitated nearly 36 million passengers. In 2006, Airports Company South Africa formed part of a consortium that took over the expansion and management of Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai, India. The success of this venture encouraged the Company’s Commercial Services division to seek similar opportunities elsewhere. Such undertakings allow the leveraging of the pool of skills and experience amassed over the years to grow the business and increase shareholder value. Airports Company South Africa, in partnership with the Brazilian company, Invepar, was successful in a bid to manage the development, maintenance and operations of Guarulhos International Airport in São Paulo, Brazil. To this end, the company continues to play its role as a driver of South Africa’s economy by demonstrating socioeconomic and environmental responsibility through its programmes.
Key Performance Outputs
These Services Will Include Amongst Others:
- The successful candidate will join a high performing team delivering transactional and informational services to all ACSA employees.
- Co-ordination of all HR Contact Centre activities Administration, communication and information distribution;
- Processing of allocated transactions i.e. employee benefits, leave in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Perform and oversee office administration.
- Serve as a single point of contact for HR requests and queries, all of which are dealt with efficiently and professionally;
- Manage internal and external Incoming calls as well as emails.
- Ensure all source documentation is confidentially maintained
- Ensure compliance to relevant legislation, policies and systems.
- Respond to requests, queries and complains as when required
- Manage and maintain hard copy and electronic filing system
- Propose methods and interventions for improving customer service;
- Deliver work against a schedule or deadline;
- Record keeping, filing and retrieving documentation accurately and on time.
Technical Skills And Experience
The following skills and experience or the equivalent of such will be required:
- 3 years HR tertiary qualification and/or equivalent prior learning and experience based on the job requirements within the position.
- At least 2 to 3 years HR administration experience.
- Good understanding of HR policies and procedures.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office computer applications with specific reference to Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Oracle experience advantageous
- The ideal candidate must have good time management skills and work well with others to achieve results. Be customer oriented, have good planning and conflict management skills. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail is critical in this position and the ideal candidate must be good in problem solving. This position requires a high level of integrity with strong work ethics and values.
- This position will be filled in line with ACSA’s values and Employment Equity policy and plan. Preference will be given to members of designated groups that are under- represented and will also be advertised externally
Key Performance Outputs
The successful candidate, reporting to the Manager Environmental Compliance will be responsible for the following:
- Provide input into planning process within the section and execute plan in accordance with policies to achieve targets;
- Interpret statutory requirements to ensure the adherence to regulations, organizational standards, policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance across the airport of ISO 14001 Environmental Management System to ensure continual environmental improvement;
- Monitor and measure the environmental policy and regulations adherence of the airport through compliance audits and inspections;
- Oversee the environmental monitoring programmes and interpret the results to airport stakeholders;
- Perform trend analyses, compile and submit Environmental reports as per required timelines;
- Develop and facilitate environmental awareness programmes/campaigns to create understanding and awareness;
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and supervise contractor activities to ensure efficiency and achievement of goals;
- Give input into the airport planned development projects to ensure compliance and inclusion of environmental considerations.
Technical Skills And Experience
The following skills and experience or the equivalent of such, will be required:
- The successful candidate must have a 3-year National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science / Management, Environmental Law or Environmental Engineering;
- Honours Degree in Environmental Science / Management, Environmental Law or Environmental Engineering is recommend;
- 2 – 3 years’ operational experience in Environmental Management is essential.
- 2 years’ operational experience in Environmental Management in an airport environment is recommended;
- Intermediate Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office applications;
- Code EB motor vehicle license
- The ideal candidate must be composed, trustworthy and demonstrate good judgement when making decisions and resolve conflict promptly. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to solve challenging problems is critical in this position and the ideal candidate must be diplomatic and an individual who consistently achieves results and meets targets.
- Positions will be filled in line with ACSA’s values and Employment Equity policy and plan. Preference will be given to members of designated groups that are under-represented and will also be advertised externally
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.