What does this mean for a brand that is 155 years old? It means that we know, understand and believe in Africa and all her opportunities. We see the potential it has for our people, our customers, entrepreneurs and those who are as passionate about investing in Africa as we are. Our family extends across 20 countries in sub-Saharan Africa and we nurture some of the most skilled, innovative and creative minds in the industry.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join our team at our Johannesburg offices. Standard Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
An Agile QA Engineer is responsible to participate in feature teams to assist in delivering quality products to the Product Owners. They will participate and give feedback on any activities where QA practices and risks are to be considered from the writing of user stories, pre-development testing notes, execute QA testing activities in accordance to processes and quality guidelines so as to identify defects / quality concerns in projects.
- QA Planning and Preparation
- Where applicable and agreed with the feature team, the correct planning of test scenarios and acceptance tests and test criteria using the available artefacts (FSS/TSS/Change notes/User Stories/Epics) and this is created in collaboration with Product Owner, Feature Analyst and Developer.
- Participate in estimation of User Stories during iteration planning.
- To identify complex, risky, negative and positive test scenarios.
- Test data requirements are provided during grooming session and is prepared such that it should be ready in time for the developers/ testers.
- Desk checks with BA’s, Developer’s, Infrastructure and UX’s team should be adhered too and should not hesitate to raise any issues.
- Testing notes to be logged on file repository platform such as Confluence.
- Visualization board Management (Kanban).
- Ensure all acceptance scenarios are scripted.
QA Execution and Tracking
- Prepare Data requirements and ensure data availability for Test case execution. The focus on three types of data: test specific, test reference data to support scenario, application reference data which is needed for the application to start.
- Collaborate in Demo/Pilots to ensure that all the test scenarios have been catered and plan for exploratory testing which can be conducted over and above the automated unit and functional tests.
- Ensure that Integration testing is conducted to ensure that the product works end-to-end. Use of additional testing such as exploratory testing should be conducted to facilitate this.
- Ensure that the necessary test stubs and drivers are created with the assistance from the Developers to facilitate test execution where applicable.
- All tests executed will contain associated evidence of testing. All test evidence will be attached in appropriate tool such as JIRA as and when required.
- All defects associated with the test cases are raised timeously within the test environment, and should be investigated to the point where the impacted downstream system has been established and assigned to correct development resource. Defect SLA’s per priority must be set up and agreed.
- JIRA / Management Tool should be utilized to keep a track of the tasks assigned to the QA and dashboards should be created to track the desired metrics for quality with the help of Iteration Manager.
- Execution / Velocity targets / Lead time targets as determined by the Iteration Manager are achieved for each iteration/sprint. Any risks should be notified to the Iteration Manager and documented in Confluence for team’s reference.
- Ensue scripts are executed.
- Ensure regression testing is executed.
Ensuring reporting targets are met.
Attending meetings (Inception, Iteration Planning Meeting, Grooming, retrofit session, Defect meetings, and Daily SCRUMS (Stand-ups).
Preferred Qualification and Experience
National Diploma in IT / Computer Systems
- 1 - 2 years' proven working experience in software development Life Cycle
- 3 - 4 years' proven working experience in software quality assurance
- 5 - 7 years' strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- 5 - 7 years' banking industry experience, preferably in Retail / Business Banking
- 3 - 4 years' hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- 3 - 4 years' hands-on experience with automated testing tools such as QTP/Selenium
- 5 - 7 years' hands-on experience with scripting language such as Java/Shell/Ruby
- 3 - 4 years' experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Should have an understanding of the CI server, Source Repository and the Agile Terminologies
- Capable to write automated tests using the relevant tools and execute them
- Understanding and Experience with automated acceptance testing, integration and performance
- Understanding of any OOP oriented language (C++, C#, Java)
- Understanding and Experience of any one scripting language
- Knowledge and understanding of various IT systems and related configurations as applied within a specified business environment
- Good understanding of software development methodologies like waterfall, agile, etc. and related development technologies.
- Must have relevant and sufficient working experience with Test Automation tools. Good understanding and application of scripting
- Understanding and Experience of core testing practices and techniques
- Exposure to Open sources tooling and tool set evaluation
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an experienced Senior Developer to join our team at our Johannesburg offices. Standard Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
To manage and oversee the Bank’s operational & tactical initiatives which include the execution and, implementation of application delivery programmes and projects against the Bank’s standards, policies and procedures and governance guidelines and Service Level Agreements.
The Senior Developer provides technical solutions to the needs of stakeholders by interpreting business requirements, defining technical tasks, engineers’ quality software, performing end to end testing, as well as supporting and troubleshooting technical questions, software and database issues.
Adheres to Agile methodologies and follows Agile principles through work outputs and behaviours:
- Strives to reach mature levels on the Continuum model by building own and team competence to work in a continuous delivery environment: Champion team learning and adopt suitable methodologies and practices
- Collaborates with colleagues from different disciplines in a cross-functional team to deliver against iteration targets
- Works in partnership with Business representatives (e.g. Product Owner, Product Manager) ensuring alignment and value to the customer.
- Is able manage their work effectively as an individual and team member including the reprioritisation of backlogs and reacts flexibly to changing demands through:
- Managing their work using available resources and methodologies ensuring full team engagement
- Estimating the size and complexity of the work within the team and managing this appropriately
- Determining the technical design in their area of concern, within the architectural guidelines
- Driving team commitments to the work in every iteration or Program Increment
- Is responsible for value and builds to continuously improve the quality of deliverables
- Continuously finding ways to improve own and the teams delivery and value to the customer
Scope, Plan, Design And Review End To End Solutions
Advises the development staff on the evaluation and impact analysis of major design options
Engages with Information Technology support teams and business stakeholders to scope plan and design end to end solutions.
Define And Develop Application Complex Code
- Produce outline system specifications using solution designs, functional specifications or technical specifications as input, including input into scope, constraints (such as performance or resources), hardware, network and software environments and depending on the complexity of the project or change, might need to get the different resources from the different Bus
- Produces specifications for systems functions, information flows, data loads, implementation strategy, phasing of development, requirements not met and alternatives considered.
- Translate logical designs into component designs taking into account the solution design, performance requirements and existing systems.
- Perform risk analysis and produce development plans in order to consider the impact of design decisions.
- Build, code and review user and system interfaces including menus, screen dialogues, inputs, reports, validation and error correction, processing rules, access, security, audit controls, recovery routines and contingency procedures.
- Works with data analysis colleagues to produce or update system or object data models and correlate these with corporate models.
- Works with database design or database administration teams to translate object and data models into appropriate database schemas within design constraints.
- Assists less experienced colleagues with complex coding problems.
- Conduct quality assurance and approve developed code linked to supplied specifications for production deployment.
- Provide guidance and assistance to colleagues on any aspect of program component design, creation, testing and documentation
Conduct Testing Across Various IT Platforms
- Prepares test cases for unit testing purposes. Review test cases as produced by other developers for unit testing purposes as required.
- Conducts unit testing and fix detected errors. Testing can be done on own work as well as on that of other colleagues in the team.
- Develops technical support documentation within agreed standards.
- Documents all work done as per standards, methods and tools used in the bank for application development. Review work done by developers to assure all work has been done as per standards, methods and tools used in the bank for application development
- Construct, interpret and execute end to end system and program tests to verify correct operation of completed systems.
- Ensure adherence to release methodology and technical change management procedures for all changes.
- Adhere to own or manage team's project timelines for new developments and agreed service level timelines for repairing defects.
Drives Continuous Improvement
- Coaches the more junior developers on technical aspects of application development, controls, and documentation standards as well as on engaging effectively.
- Performs quality assurance on the work completed by junior developers. Quality assurance can cover code developed as well as supporting documents and test plans.
- Actively looks for opportunities to shorten development times, improve skills of the team and improve cost efficiency of application development activities.
- Ensures that all component designs take into account all specified requirements and constraints.
- Provides level 3 support and production standby post go live.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
B.Sc. Computer Science, B.Com Informatics Degree, or Advanced Degree
- Broad experience in translating business and functional requirements into technical specifications and developing the programming code to create the solutions.
- Capable of handling many aspects of the application, including but not limited to performance, scalability, security, and testing.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as an experienced developer in either C# or Java
- A minimym of 2 years' experience developing in the Microsoft .Net Framework version 4.0 and above.
- Experience in developing Web services.
- Good knowledge of Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server database systems.
- CHEF Automation experience to manage Infrastructure as Code.
- Certification as a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server
- Ability and experience to coach and technically lead a small team
- Evaluates various technologies for relevance and cost-effectiveness for implementation in the organisation. Constantly keeps pace with new technology and identifies relevant applications in different areas of the institution. Conducts risk/benefit assessments when considering the adoption of new technologies. Understands products to internal level.
- The design, creation, testing and documenting of new and amended programs from supplied specifications Works on solving incoherencies in the detailed technical specifications and asks for, or proposes, changes. Allocates pieces of work to teams of developers, taking into account individual abilities and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Ability to assess system strength and weaknesses, and competitive advantages. Designs new business process and functionalities. Works with users at all levels to define system requirements and specifies appropriate system environments to meet operational needs and system performance objectives. Able to define disaster recovery policies and procedures. Implements and monitors policies and standards for IT application section and recommends areas for improvement.
- Reviews the effectiveness of the test solution against best practice criteria. Proposes changes to the test configuration to support the system functionality against business or client specifications. Provides specialist input to technical team on automated test methodology and tools related to various system applications.
- Periodic assessment of the effectiveness of the key controls over data integrity for the key data dependency. Issues a practice guide to steer data integrity towards an integrated data management strategy. Coaches and guides others towards compliance with the data management policies and regulatory requirements.
- Works on solving incoherencies in the detailed technical specifications and asks for, or proposes, changes. Allocates pieces of work to teams of developers, taking into account individual abilities and requirements. Ensures that deliverables are met and business objectives are achieved within time, quality and budget.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.