Telesure Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd (TIH) is the holding company of some of South Africas leading and innovative financial institutions. These financial institutions are licensed to provide financial products and/or services ranging from short-term, long-term and health insurance as well as a comparison and investment platforms. Our origins go back to ...
Read more about this company
- Telesure Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd (TIH), is the holding company of some of South Africa’s leading financial long and short term insurance providers. Our portfolio includes South Africa’s most loved and recognisable brands such as 1st for Women, Auto & General, Budget, Dial Direct, Virseker and 1Life.
- At 1Life, we are committed to creating a workplace that is innovative and forward-thinking. We place great emphasis on developing our people and retaining and growing their talent.
- For us, service excellence is not a phrase that’s bandied about and misused – it’s a way of life. Our promises are clear-cut and our commitments firm. Our mission is to treat our customers fairly by removing all the hassle and making the process as easy as possible.
With all that said, we are looking for a Broker Consultant to:
- Build, maintain and enhance relationships with new and existing external partners and leverage partner relationships to deliver end- end business results and ensure optimal business development within the 1Life environment.
Business Development,Call Centre,Client Services,Marketing,Sales
Industries Financial Services,Insurance
- Relationships Management
- Develop and oversee customer relationship strategy for their Broker Panel, including identification of key customer networks, alliances, and strategies to build customer intimacy and loyalty.
- Ensure continuous enforcement of new and existing marketing strategies through external partners.
- Effectively build, maintain and manage new and existing partner relationships as well as relationships within the department and the TIH Group.
- Develop a personal network within the sales territory and represent the organization at trade shows and other events to identify sales opportunities, promote the organization, and enhance its reputation.
- Set own goals in conjunction with Business Partners and Manager/s and work towards them.
- Maintain focus on continuous and constant improvement.
- Enhance external relationships through continuous motivational sales support and recognition.
Third Party Sales
- Deliver third party sales of a range of products and services to significant customers.
- Achieve targets of third party sales, book growth, and profitability on the portfolio across all relevant product lines.
- Monitor and assess sales and market data for a specific geographic region and produce reports that will assist management in formulating strategy and identifying areas in the market where business can be developed.
- Identify, within Partners, patterns of non-compliance with the organization's policies and procedures, and with relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct, taking appropriate action to report and resolve these and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Ensure External Partners are continuously up to date regarding training, products and processes in order to drive sales and ensure adherence to business and statutory requirements.
- Identify potential risks to the business and escalate these accordingly.
- Analyze specific problems and issues to find the best solutions. Solutions could be technical or professional in nature.
- Analyse current performance inhibitors and find solutions to ensure business continuity.
- Provide a quality service to customers while identifying opportunities to secure new business or support retention. Responsibilities may include processing cases, dealing with complex queries and investigating and resolving customer problems.
- Facilitate effective resolution of any external partner queries or complaints as and when required.
Personal Capability Building
- Develop own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gain or maintain external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfill personal potential.
- Maintain an understanding of relevant technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and reading specialist media.
- Ensure up-to-date industry and market knowledge, as well as internal products, processes.
- General Education
- Grade 12/ SAQA Accredited Equivalent (Essential)
- Wealth Management Qualification/Higher Certificate in Financial Planning - NQF6 (Essential)
- FAIS accreditation (Essential)
- Degree / diploma in Business Management/ Marketing (Advantageous)
- Post Graduate Qualification - CFP (Advantageous)
- 2 – 5 years experience in intermediated sales as a BC in the long-term insurance industry (Essential);
- Account management experience (Advantageous)
*SAQA Accredited Equivalent -It is the onus of the applicant to provide TIH and its subsidiaries with certified evidence that their qualification(s) meet the equivalent NQF level required for this role at time of application.
#Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) competency requirements: FAIS recognized qualifications / Regulatory Examinations / Class of Business Certification and / or CPD according to your DOFA (where applicable) -As a registered Financial Service Provider, we are mandated to ensure that all our representatives are and remain fit and proper at all times. By applying for this role, you consent to having your relevant qualification and or accreditation or confirm that you are working towards meeting the competency requirements. You further consent to the relevant information being verified.
The Company's approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply. TIH is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.