One of the largest businesses within the Sanlam Group, Sanlam Employee Benefits (SEB) specialises in the provision of risk, investment and administration services to institutions and retirement funds. Focused on meeting the unique needs of its diverse clients, SEB assists companies in creating and delivering customised employee benefits solutions.
If you are analytically minded, curious and enthusiastic about data, passionate about finding insights in datasets, with the ability to synthesise and clearly communicate the results and drive business impact, there is an exciting opportunity in Individual Member Support at SEB.
The need for data driven insights continues to grow exponentially in our organisation. Data has even more value if it is readily available, easily found, and easily re-usable for new applications.
We are looking for an individual to build and develop the necessary knowledge and skills in our Individual Member Support team with the aim of gaining greater insights about our customers. This will include learning about data collection and preparation, automating procedures and implementing models with demonstrable business impact.
- Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Identify data sources and automate collection processes
Analysis and model building
- Mine and analyse data to drive optimisation and improvement of product development and provide business insights
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimise customer experiences, revenue generation & targeting and other business outcomes
- Present information using data visualisation techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
Implement and monitor
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy
- Document all processes to ensure continuity
- Produce reports for clients demonstrating insights gained from data
- Collaborate with various stakeholders within the business
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
Knowledge And Experience
- 2-3 years experience as a Data Analyst manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages, e.g. SQL
- Experience manipulating (regression, scenario analysis, modelling, etc.), visualising and presenting data for stakeholder use.
- Strategic thinking
- Strong technical and operational ability
- Good attention to detail
- Effective communicator of technical information
- Innovative and conceptual thinking
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Results driven