For over 70 years, Fortna has partnered with the worlds top brands to transform their distribution operations into a competitive advantage. Fortna helps clients make and keep bold promises to their customers fast, accurate and cost-effective fulfillment consistently at every touchpoint, across every channel. Fortna's expertise spans distribution strategy, distribution centre operations, material handling automation, supply chain systems and warehouse execution software systems. We built our firm on a promise we develop a solid business case for change and hold ourselves accountable for results.
Fortna UK is going through an exciting period of growth and looking to expand its team with enthusiastic, career-driven and motivated individuals. As the successful candidate, you will receive significant support and mentoring to ensure a successful transition into the Fortna team, where you will be surrounded by collaborative and like-minded individuals who will support your development as you build your career with the business.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our Milton Keynes UK office. The Electrical Engineer is a leadership and task-based role within Fortnas Electrical Engineering team, responsible for the design and documentation of electrical controls of Fortnas Material Handling Systems (MHS).In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead and support the electrical design of complex material handling projects to be implemented in the European region.
Your Key Responsibilities Will Be To
- Leading complex projects through the detail design and implementation phase. This includes:
- Supporting generation and enhancement of department standard documentation and procedures to improve the quality and efficiency of the Engineering Group
- Being reliable; providing timely responses and consistent follow-up
- Leading electrical prototype efforts for less complex solutions, including development of prototyping plan and communication of scope
- Providing calculations and details for electrical power and network data drops requirements for material handling equipment
- Providing electrical system input to Project Engineer during design review meetings to ensure electrical requirements are understood
- Developing Electrical Engineering work plan to ensure successful project milestone achievements
- Preparing electrical equipment procurement and installation specifications and can evaluate technical bids and select equipment
- Managing budget related to the electrical scope of the project
- Leading and facilitating Controls Layout review meetings with internal teams and Client in order to support Project Engineer to achieve design acceptance
- Utilising AutoCadE software to generate all the electrical layouts and schematic drawings required for implementation and AsBuilts documentation
- Updating project team on the current status of project by compiling project status reports and attending project engineering meetings
- Willing to travel and participate in field installation, checkout, and start-up
- Understand roles played by other disciplines on the project and is able to coordinate and interface with other engineering disciplines
Qualified candidates will have the above experience and meet the below requirements:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Prior experience in electrical design of complex automated material handling equipment systems
- Minimum 4 years experience in the following:
- Conveyor control process experience (photoeyes, solenoids, variable frequency drive, 400VAC motors, line scanner, print and apply application)
- Strong comprehension of Ethernet IP, and EtherCat network design and requirements
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, Promis-e, or E-Plan for electrical design
- Makes recommendations based on knowledge and experience
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Good writing, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams
- Ability to travel between 10-15% of the time. Travel mainly involves client site visits during project installation with a few days duration. Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Experience and knowledge of European electrical codes, standards and criteria for electrical installation of materials handling systems
- IEC - BS EN 60204-1: Safety of Machinery
- CE Marking and Safety Directives
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our organisation who, in addition to providing a competitive salary package, offer many additional benefits including Private Healthcare, Health Cash Plan, Company Contributory Pension scheme, Fitness/Wellness reimbursement programme, Volunteer time off as well as significant personal development opportunities, all within a modern working environment.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop your existing skills in a positive and supportive working environment, think you can add value to our aim of constantly striving to anticipate the rapidly changing needs of our Clients and develop new services to meet those needs, please submit your application and we hope to meet you soon.
Fortna is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons