Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
What will make you successful in this role?
• Preparation of timeous and accurate statutory financial statements.
• Preparation of timeous and accurate monthly management reports.
• Assistance with audit queries.
• Assistance with ad hoc queries from Exco and business units.
• Assistance with general ledger process.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• CA (SA)
• Minimum 3 years financial services experience at a senior level; experience in the insurance industry on a senior level would be highly recommended.
• Extensive financial accounting experience in complex technical environments, including group reporting experience.
• Experience in financial management reporting.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Comprehensive and extensive knowledge of IFRS, including insurance accounting.
• Insurance Act, Companies Act
• Tax knowledge
• Computer literate (Advanced Excel)
• Knowledge of and experience with Hyperion Financial Management would be highly recommended.
• Knowledge and understanding of all legislation (Labour Relations Act, EE Act, Skills Development Act, BBBEE, BCEA, etc.) would be advantageous.
• Strong numeracy and analytical skills
• Results orientated and deadline driven
• Capacity to operate in a high pressure environment
• Critical thinking skills and an eye for detail
• Problem solving
• Financial and business acumen
• Good communication skills
• Keen interest in IFRS developments
• Strong capability for research of a technical nature
• Ability to manage diverse stakeholders
Communicates effectively - Contributing through others
Financial acumen - Contributing through others
Decision quality - Contributing through others
Optimises work processes - Contributing through others
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Being resilient - Contributing through others
Collaborates - Contributing through others
Cultivates innovation - Contributing through others
Customer focus - Contributing through others
Drives results - Contributing through others
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers