Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
What will you do?
The Junior Intelligence Analyst needs to understand and interpret underwriting and claims transactions.
The individual operating in this position must have the ability to continuously perform and multi-task with ease across all the following disciplines:
underwriting, claims analysis and intelligence gathering to support the business.
• Intelligence gathering Reporting on Group Intelligence Unit’s productivity
• Client relationships
What will make you successful in this role?
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• 3-5 years’ experience in underwriting and/or claims
• Matric essential. An insuance qualification is recommended
• Understanding data sources within Santam
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Short term insurance knowledge
• Understanding Santam’s underwriting, claims and/or financial processes and systems
• Strong analytical skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to balance between technical and interpersonal skills.
• Computer literate – Microsoft package
• Must be able to work independently or within a team.
• Ability to apply conceptual, logical thinking and cognitive flexibility.
• Ability to multi-task under constant pressure.
• A probing mindset and passion to uncover the truth
• The ability to gather intelligence through extensive online research and networking.
• Actively contribute to sharing knowledge on processes and systems within the larger GIU team.
• A basic understanding of Insurance knowledge and of potential business integrity risks (a.k.a. fraud risks) affecting the short-term insurance industry.
• Working knowledge of relevant legislation and statutory regulations as well as keeping abreast of new developments and changes within the
short-term insurance and financial services industry.
• An understanding of the Santam Group business operational environment and the short-term insurance industry in general.
• A basic understanding of business processes, risks and controls.
• Good communication skills both written and verbal.
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers