As Principal Portfolio Manager you will be accountable for co-creating and executing the portfolio strategy to achieve maximum active customer penetration in the portfolios and within set mandates. Furthermore, delivering predictable portfolio performance and growth by leveraging data driven enhancements of the customer value proposition and financial product innovation. You will be based in Cape Town and will report to the Head of Portfolio Strategy.
The Principal Portfolio Manager will be accountable for co-creating and executing the portfolio strategy to achieve maximum active customer penetration in the portfolios and within set mandates. Furthermore, delivering predictable portfolio performance and growth by leveraging data driven enhancements of the customer value proposition and financial product innovation.
The Principal Portfolio Manager will be responsible for communicating, reporting, tracking and monitoring current and potential portfolio performance, through integrating cross functionally. Furthermore, bringing together the insights, methodologies, and capabilities, in order to execute a predictable and cohesive portfolio strategy.
If you join us, you’ll
- Execute on the strategic vision of the business across asset, liability and loyalty products.
- Excellence in thought leadership and execution across the management of the Portfolios, incorporating Credit Risk, Fraud Risk, and regulatory requirements.
- Establish strong working relationship with peers and stakeholders to address cross-functional processes and influence changes outside of the team.
- Monitor, manage, and implement remedial action on portfolios, through careful consideration of internal factors (manage the portfolio risks within mandates on credit, fraud, AML, and operational risks) and external factors (regulatory, country, eco-system, and partner risks) which may cause portfolio performance shifts.
- Analyse portfolios to identify pockets of risk or opportunity and develop proactive strategies that assist in optimizing predictable portfolio performance.
- Ensure adequate communication, reporting, tracking and monitoring of portfolio performance.
What you’ll need
- University degree in either Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Risk Management, or equivalent industry training and experience.
- Strong and independent person who maintains focus on delivering results within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious.
- Proven ability in analytics, business acumen, and communicating recommendations across all levels within an organisation.
- Understanding of financial metrics in relation to portfolio management and the associated forecasting thereof.
- Knowledge and application of: predication, segmentation, as well as risk and fraud management techniques - across the entire credit life cycle on consumer portfolios.
- Proven ability of building out processes and driving operation excellence.
- Proficient in SQL and Excel
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
Things you’ll love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.