Regional Plant Manager
Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
Regional Operations Manager – Port Elizabeth
Develop, implement, manage and control the strategic objectives for the Regions Operations Department which support the Group’s national goals and strategy. To make recommendations which contribute to the formulation of the Group’s overall strategic plan. As the most Senior Manager in the Region take appropriate action to ensure that the Company’s policies and procedures are adhered to by all staff based in the Region
- Develop, manages and control Regional Operations strategic goals and objectives.
- Responsible for formulating Regional Operations annual budget
- Responsible for all materials (Hire & Raw) for the Region
- Manages variances.
- Recruits motivate and coaches subordinate staff.
- Develop manage and controls a Manpower plan which identifies the training and succession requirements of Regional Operations.
- Contributes to the development of in-house CHEP-specific, technical and quality training.
- Ensures all legal and statutory requirements (such as labour legislation) as well as Company policies and procedures applicable to the Operations function are implemented and complied with by all staff.
- Ensures that an efficient Performance Management System is in place for all staff.
- Ensures that the Region is efficiently stocked with both hire equipment and repair material to meet customer service requirements and utilisation targets.
- Ensures efficient and effective operating methods (i.e. for inspection, repair, manufacture, etc.) are developed and maintained to achieve productivity, quality and cost targets.
- Ensures the effective management of planned maintenance for all plants
- Constantly reviews and improves plant equipment and physical facilities to meet planned volume throughputs and ensure that CAPEX projects are justified and managed.
- Ensures the adequate security and control of all Company assets in the Region.
- Develop and maintains effective relationships with suppliers
- Ensures that purchasing systems are maintained in line with best practice.
- Ensures that the Company’s Industrial Relations, Discipline and Grievance Polices and Procedures are implemented and adhered to in order to maintain a harmonious industrial relations climate in the Region.
- Ensures that communication and sound relationships are maintained with relevant Trade Unions and shop stewards
- Represents the Company in all negotiations with the trade unions and completing the terms and conditions of employment of the Company’s waged employees.
- Ensures the timeous and accurate submission of all Operations statistical and management reports.
- Ensures that the Company’s policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to by all staff in the Region.
- Assist with setting strategy and functional objectives
- Zero Harm – Brambles Policies
- Safety procedures are adequately maintained according to the OHSACT and Group and Company Policies
- Accountable for H&S i.e. Section 16.1
- Ensures Continuous Improvement by driving LEAN management
- Ensures that all products and service meets Customer satisfaction
- Identify potential properties for development and act as Company liaison with regards to the development of the property and facilities
- Working across cultures
- Sustaining motivation of a highly motivated Team
- Sustaining delivery of a “world class service”
- Multi Product service centre complexity
- Unionised and Political labour force
- Maintaining a low Brambles Frequency Incidence Rate (BFIR)
- Tertiary qualification: - Production / Operations Management
- Six Sigma: - Green Belt.
- Incumbent should have a minimum of 5 years senior management experience in an Operational / Production environment
Skills and Knowledge
- People Management
- Computer literacy
- Six Sigma