Senior Backend Engineer
Do you have software development experience? Are you looking for a remote job? Then we have the opportunity for you!. Our client, an American based remote company, is looking to hire a Senior Backend Engineer located within South Africa, to join their exciting remote team. They are one of the first movers in bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses in Africa and the Middle East.
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will make an extremely high impact on a small, fast scaling team. You'll have the ability to help build a product used by thousands of people with taking full ownership of the product. They are looking for someone who has experience not only with their tech stack in a successful SaaS company, but also with agile methodologies and web development.
The idea candidates are ones that have previously worked within a FinTech/ Crypto company and who are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated; eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code.
The company’s current technology includes: NodeJS, VueJS, Serverless Framework, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, AWS SQS, AWS IoT, AWS EC2, ELK Stack, Jest, Flutter and more.
Type of person: Critical thinking, strong in your domain and can engage and lead your dream in some of the largest most intimidating companies in the world
Job Type: Work from home position
Salary: Salary + Benefits
- 5 years’ work experience as a Backend Engineer/Developer.
- Experience in a software development environment, with capability in back-end development.
- Strong experience working in AWS, with a strong desire to further one’s skills
- Strong experience in Serverless Framework.
- State Machine and Step Function experience advantageous.
- Experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions and cross-functional team discussions.
- Experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant.
- Ability to work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you.
- Comfortable collaborating closely with product managers, product owners, and stakeholders, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team's roadmap.
- Must be a thoughtful communicator—some teams are partially or fully distributed so effective written communication is key.
- Set technical direction and own the architecture and implementation of features.
- Provide guidance and assist in helping knock down walls and clear path towards work completion.
- Lead a group of engineers and cross-functional team members in the implementation of new and existing features.
- Provide clear and concise communication regarding feature development statuses to the team and stakeholders.
- Plan, supervise and manage releases for the work the squad is performing.
- Empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA - through technical mentoring, contributions to the team's documentation, libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate.
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices.
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams.
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence.
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code for the future (and present) of the company’s platform.
- Participate in mandatory weekly calls.
- Exude your upbeat energy and enthusiasm each and every day to motivate your team to be the best they can in every aspect of what they do
- Celebrate the success of others by recognizing the contributions of committed team members and their achievements
- Align your values with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Client
- Be a role model for the Client’s organizational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people, with every word you say or put in print and everything you do
- Communicate in a fashion that is respectful and well understood
- Collaborate with your peers to collectively think of innovative ideas that drive business through technology
- Build and utilize working relationships with internal business partners across the organization and external business contact