Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
What will you do?
Taking the lead in Business Analysis, this role will be responsible for analysing business processes, systems and procedures, assessing the business model and its integration with business intelligence in order to get valuable business insights from various data sources and visualise these insights in a useful and organized manner.
We are looking for an individual with experience in using a variety of data tools, analysis methods and data visualization to turn data into actionable insights with demonstrable business impact.
You will assist in specifying complex business rules using the specified toolsets to enable the data modellers to create complex analytical models. Hence, they need to understand and continuously seek to build knowledge of data and information.
The person fulfilling this role will not only design data models, but also test the outputs, investigate & devise solutions in line with best practice. A high competency in problem solving capabilities is thus essential. They should be able to communicate business information to technical teams, as well as be competent in communicating challenges and solutions to the team.
An understanding of data management solutions and a keen sense of the strategic value of information to an organisation will be of importance.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end tasks within the business analysis framework working with business representatives, product owners, etc. to define and elicit requirements, analyse data and design reports/dashboards.
What will make you successful in this role?
• Support the Business/IT in delivery of engagement / project, in specific area of competency
• Raise issues with manager as identified in area of focus that may affect the quality of delivery or timelines of the engagement
• Assist in development of client presentations / discussion documentation
• Raise solutions to address issues in area of expertise that may enhance / renew service offerings to client
• Ability to identify opportunities within business that can be improved by using Advanced Analytics and Business Intelligence.
• Perform data profiling of data contained in source systems
• Provide detailed analysis of all data implemented into the database
• Provide the data mapping and associated transformation rules for each data item
• Ensure that the business requirements and subsequent development activities are supported by accurate information.
Analysis and Visualization
• Interpret data, analyze results using analytical techniques and design reports and/or dashboards(wireframes)
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Use data to answer key questions about the business.
• Own and maintain dashboards, ongoing reporting, and ad hoc requests from the organization.
• Support and maintain the project documentation
• Ability to interact comfortably with different levels of management
• Displays emotional maturity in all dealings with clients and fellow work colleagues
• Facilitate requirements gathering workshops with the business
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to analyse information needs, functional requirements and business processes
• Share expertise and knowledge with team members and assist where possible to ensure quality and timeous delivery of work
• Mentor junior members of the team
• Proactive learner.
Qualification and Experience
• Diploma/Bachelor Degree (Information Systems; Statistics; Data or Computer Science; Engineering) or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
• Functional experience in analytics, data visualization or reporting
• 6 years of experience performing Business analysis
• Experience with Data Visualisation tools and techniques (e.g. SAP Business Objects and PowerBI) is an advantage
• Experience Extracting data or Querying data in database from Data Visualisation software or Structured Query Language (SQL) skills
• Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings for stakeholder use
• Experience working with data in various data sources and databases
• Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical terms
• Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases with proven SQL skills
• Ability to help clients reduce the gap between current and desired state of risk analytics capabilities through targeted assessments and data-driven enhancements
• Ability to form valid, actionable, and data-driven risk insights by applying advanced data analysis techniques
• Business experience in financial services would be advantageous
Knowledge and Skills
Build a successful career with us
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers