Coca-Cola, or Coke, is a carbonated soft drink manufactured by The Coca-Cola Company. Originally intended as a patent medicine, it was invented in the late 19th century by John Stith Pemberton and was bought out by businessman Asa Griggs Candler, whose marketing tactics led Coca-Cola to its dominance of the world soft-drink market throughout the 20t...
Read more about this company
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Develop short- (1 year) and mid-term (2-3 years) business/brand plans identifying business objectives, strategies, key initiatives and performance measurements by using insights collected from situation assessment, marketplace information, etc. in order to support AOU category and brand growth targets.
- Assess attractive local (AOU) consumer opportunities that are currently untapped by the Company by leveraging consumer research in order to identify new volume and profit growth areas (e.g., new beverage sub-categories, new packaging opportunities, new merchandise categories, new channels of distribution to sell licensed merchandise).
- Provide direction, leadership and coaching to members of project teams.
- Manage category & brand Net Revenue, Gross Profit, Direct Marketing Expenses to deliver AOU growth and financial targets.
- Develop programs and secure required budget in order to execute category & brand plans. Where applicable, ensure appropriate implementation of global/regional direction into local execution.
Ability to manage a AOU category – inclusive of key strategies and innovative plans and initiatives – while motivating/leading, coordinating and working with key internal and external cross-functional partners to deliver on long- (3+ years), mid- and short-term objectives and business plan metrics.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred.
Related Work Experience:
- 8-10 years of brand management / marketing experience.
- Innovation experience a plus (demonstrated ability to lead a concept from idea to shelf)
- Ability to manage a AOU category – inclusive of key strategies and innovative plans and initiatives – while motivating/leading, coordinating and working with key internal and external cross-functional partners to deliver on long- (3+ years), mid- and short-term objectives and business plan metrics.
- Communicate with both internal and external parties
- Responsible for sharing information, influencing others and negotiating with others
- Mastery of (Required)
- Brand equity
- Marketing concepts
- Marketing operating strategies
- Creative concept evaluation
- Strong financial acumen and business analytics
- Broad Expertise in (Good to Have)
- Develop and inspire others
- Manage complex projects across multiple disciplines
What We Can Do for You: You will be part of the Africa team where teams are the new heroes, and our leaders are inclusive orchestrators. Together, in pursuit of our Company Vision to craft LOVED BRANDS, done SUSTAINABLY, FOR A BETTER SHARED FUTURE, we will:
- Leverage our BOUNDERLESS NETWORK
- Make our CUTURE Code inevitable
- Build winning CAPABILTIES
Change the DNA of our organization to becoming ADAPTABLE
We are doing our best to create a seamless candidate experience for you as you apply for roles within the company. Due to the high volume of vacant positions, the recruitment process may take longer than usual and there may be a longer delay between application and interview. We appreciate your patience.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
- We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.