What are we all about?
LifeCheq is a fast growing and innovative, tech-based financial consultancy firm operating in Cape Town, Pretoria and Johannesburg. We're passionate about helping our clients link their goals and values to an actionable roadmap, and we drive to help them achieve these goals.
Our in house software is key in helping us achieve this, and we are looking for skilled Software Developers to join our team. The focus will be on our client portal web app, which is built in TypeScript, using React, Redux/Apollo. To get this started we need an experienced Frontend Dev who knows how to build a complex, slick and reliable React-based app.
What you will do as a part of the team
- Join an established team, and help shape and grow the app
- Work with a product owner/UX designer to turn business requirements into well written tickets to be implemented
- Mentor more junior team members as we grow the team
- Set up, and maintain CI/CD tools for the app
- Be part of informing how we extend our backend API
What Skills should you have
- You can communicate well with team members and stakeholders on deliverables and approach, demonstrating the ability to communicate and listen appropriately depending on the audience
- You write clear & self-documenting code, organise methods and classes appropriately
- You have a good understanding of QA best practice
- You are aware of trending design patterns in the technologies you work in and can select the best design pattern for the job in hand, articulating to others why this has been chosen
- You strive for success, are keen to learn and develop, are collaborative with a can-do attitude, and can build positive relationships
- You have professional experience building a complex SPA with React. TypeScript/GraphQL experience a plus
- You have at least three years of relevant coding experience
- You have deep knowledge of CSS and HTML
- You have experience working with designers and a demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Clojure/ClojueScript knowledge/experience a major bonus
What does LifeCheq offer you?
We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference. In addition to your competitive salary, medical and insurance benefit, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
- Flexibility: Feel free to skip the commute and hit your deadlines from home, or choose to work from our hotdesk office space in Johannesburg or Cape Town (hotdesk office from 2021)
- Planning: How about a free LifeCheq plan to help you action and drive towards your goals
- Wellness: Enjoy half a day off dedicated to your health and wellness
- Maternity Leave Benefits: Bond with your little one whilst on paid maternity leave
- LifeCheq Shares: Celebrate your 1 year anniversary by receiving LifeCheq Shares Scheme
This is a permanent, full-time position.