BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE SPECIFIC BUSINESS UNIT:
This role is within RBB: Everyday Banking in Fraud Solutions, reporting into Fraud Hotline.
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
To assist customers with all fraud related queries at first point of contact, ensuring that customers receive prompt and courteous service in an effort to prevent and minimize fraud losses.
Accountability: Operations Management
- Deal effectively with requests and take responsibility for processing each query ensuring customer expectations are met, as per policy and procedure.
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex processes and Fraud Solutions technical knowledge to prevent and minimize fraud losses.
- Use telephonic skills and techniques, in order to determine risk to prevent Fraud.
- Undertake queries, in accordance with legislation, to mitigate risk and prevent further losses.
- Report system problems and incidents.
- Record actions taken on fraud systems and on relevant Banking systems.
- Communicate new fraud trends to Team Leaders and Managers for further action.
- Refer confirmed fraud related cases to Fraud Investigations teams.
Accountability: Innovates and champions change management
- Assist in enhancing operating systems for optimal results.
- Deliver professional communication and foster awareness regarding financial crime and fraud trends.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert on the content of the procedures, processes and investigation methodologies in the business.
- Participate in change meetings to contribute to new process designs.
- Take over processes when projects become business as usual (BAU).
Accountability: Risk and Control
- Take accountability for all risk events and the delivery of specified and agreed upon controls.
- Reporting of a risk and controls that ensures compliance.
- Keep abreast with compliance and regulatory requirements and liaise with all relevant stakeholders internally and externally in the organization to accurately execute and adhere to the rules and regulations.
- Whilst executing maintain an effective Quality Assurance environment
- Adhere to organizational circulars, policies, business standards and other communications that impact on the operation of the business unit.
Accountability: Stakeholder Management
- Work closely and collaboratively with the members of the Investigations Units within the bank and other financial institution.
- Develop and enhance networks and build relationships to align the team objectives with business partners within the organisation as well as strategic stakeholders.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in stakeholder interactions, including written and verbal communications, based on sound knowledge of processes and procedures, schemes and understanding of relevant regulatory requirements.
- National Diploma in Banking or Administration or equivalent NQF Level 6 or higher
- At least two (2) years Banking experience
- At least two (2) years Fraud experience would be advantageous
- Preferred Fraud training – Fraud Basics
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- Great Team environment
- Autonomy to produce excellent results and delight colleagues and customers.
- Opportunity to influence and interact with senior management
- Work in a multi –disciplinary environment
- Opportunity to discover and learn
- Bachelor's Degree: Business Management, National Diplomas and Advanced Certificates: Banking
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised