Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime Signup Now
Momentum Metropolitan Holdings, formerly MMI Holdings, is a South African-based financial services group was established on 1 Dec 2010, through the merger of Metropolitan and Momentum. We are specialists in long and short-term insurance, asset management, savings, investments, healthcare administration, health risk management, employee benefits and reward...
Read more about this company
Momentum Health Solutions, an entity of Momentum Metropolitan Holdings delivers sustainable, integrated health solutions that meet the needs of clients in the different segments and maximise lifetime client value. We build and maintain a culture of innovation, and create value through unique insights of how to achieve specific outcomes by using a defined set of Health capabilities.
The purpose of this position is to support the actuarial function focussed on healthcare in the restricted schemes environment. The team shares diverse responsibilities and works with a wide group of internal and external stakeholders across South Africa.
WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO
Functions include but are not limited to:
- Understand and extract medical data and perform detailed data analyses.
- Set key assumptions, monitor and measure these assumptions over time
- Interact with multiple departments and understand complex data structures (including a good relationship with Business Intelligence).
- Ability to provide insights into claims and contributions of Schemes.
- Focus on automation, streamlining and optimisation of the modelling and reporting processes.
- Scheme benefit design and contribution setting
- Peer review and providing of ad-hoc support required by team members.
- Building and maintenance of technical models (reserving, projections, pricing, demographic etc.),
- Work closely with various teams (stakeholders) in preparing proposals on interventions
- Production of standard and non-standard reports
- Positively influence and participate in change initiatives
- Effectively manage time and ensure optimal productivity
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas
- Attend and present at meetings with internal and external clients
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Degree in actuarial science or similar field of study.
- Good progress with actuarial papers
- Attempting the F-series level of exams
- Pass/Exemption for the Actuarial Risk Management subject (CA1 / A311)
- Registered with the Actuarial Society of South Africa
- SQL and MS Excel skills (VBA advantage)
- Advanced experience in Microsoft office programs (especially in PowerPoint and Excel)
WHAT COMPETENCIES YOU'LL REQUIRE
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Strong technical aptitude
- Problem identification and problem solving.
- Attention to detail.
- An ability to cope with a changing environment and work with changing projects and responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong conceptual thinking
- An understanding of the medical schemes regulatory environment.
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to the following statutory checks:
go to method of application »
Collaborate with business and HR teams in order to execute holistic HR solutions that empower the business to achieve its strategic objectives.
Responsibilities and work outputs
- Human Capital business partnering with the Facilities staff and management.
- Assist with end-to-end recruitment and talent management of staff, including employment contracts.
- Implement innovative HR solutions aimed at managing organisational change, engaging employees, increase organisational effectiveness and strategic managing talent.
- Develop and maintain role profiles to ensure that all roles have an up-to-date profile that reflects the correct outputs and responsibilities in line with the company’s framework.
- Effectively and accurately enable the HR administration, payroll and employee benefits processes in line with agreed quality standards and timelines.
- Control the accuracy and integrity of HR data and adhere to HR governance practices.
- Drive, implement and support Performance Management systems as well as provide guidance to stakeholders regarding performance management initiatives.
- Effectively manage performance within the team in order to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Drive, implement and support Rewards & Recognition programme.
- Conduct root cause analysis of risks and create action plans to mitigate risks.
- Compile and submit HR scorecards, monthly reports/dashboards and other related metrics as required.
- Execute the Human Resource operational plan and solutions to ensure that all HR services are delivered within agreed upon timelines, set standards and the relevant organisational frameworks.
- In collaboration with Labour Relations, provide strong support to Line Managers on IR matters.
- Act as a change agent by providing support to implement changes within the business.
- Provide advice and guidance on HR issues to effectively support the business and manage risk.
- Collaborate with business leaders to influence the execution of Employment Equity plans, and monitor the progress of the plan through talent management and recruitment practices.
- Act as trusted advisor to leaders and employees in the business on HR related issues.
- Build and maintain effective business relationships with all key stakeholders by initiating and maintaining regular interactions.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
- Create a positive work climate and culture to energise employees, give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
- Provide guidance to stakeholders in aligning business requirements with HR solutions in business plans.
- Support a business culture that is consistent with the vision, purpose and values of the organisation.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership behaviour, through personal involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organisational values.
- Drive a culture that guides and directs best practice, fostering an environment of continuous learning, improvement and cohesiveness.
- Identify employee growth and development needs and schedule interventions to enable ongoing development, training and personal growth.
- Identify opportunities to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Manage financial and other company resources under your control with due respect.
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/ Industrial Psychology required.
- Strong experience in Labour Relations and CCMA will be highly advantageous.
- 3- 5 years experience within Call centre / Facilities/Maintenace environment will be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of HR systems and PeopleSoft preferable.
- Highly Resilient and able to deal with difficult people
- Conflict Management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Coping with pressure and setbacks
- Drive and Assertiveness
- Critical and Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Adapting & responding to change
- Impact and influence
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love