TFG (The Foschini Group) is a South African fashion lifestyle retailer & comprises of 22 fashion forward brands.
Our range includes some of the leading fashion, home wear, sportswear, cellular and jewellery brands in the country, as well as a host of innovative financial services. TFG comprises of the following 22 exciting retail brands; @home, @homelivingpace, American Swiss, Charles & Keith, Colette, DonnaClaire, Duesouth, Exact, Fabiani, The FIX, Foschini, G-star Raw, hi, Markham, Mat & May, Next, Phase Eight, SODA Bloc, sportscene, Sterns, Totalsports and Whistles.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Line balancingidentify ways to improve efficiency and ensure the customers’ demands are met
- Qualityreview and analyze quality to remedy any areas of non-conformance
- TrainingTraining identified on all new technology and identify skill gaps
- Operator outputmaintains high output and improves abilities of those with low output. Ensure work study, identify and improves method and time studies
- Loss controlminimize off standard lossreduce down time and style change overs
- Waste control in materials, suppliers and machinery
- Optimize work place layouts to improve efficiency, ergonomics and workflow
- Efficiencyto drive efficiency improvement throughout the manufacturing cycle
- Technologyidentify automation to improve efficiency and reduce cost of manufacturing
- Ergonomicsengineer the workplace to result in higher efficiency
Key requirements and competencies:
- Industrial Engineering degree
- Good organization and planning skills
- Understanding of the production processes in a manufacturing environment
- Line balancing, time study methodologies, problem solving, sound decision making skills, critical thinking
- + 5 years experience in an IE role in a manufacturing environment
- Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
Your responsibilities, amongst others, will be:
- Responsible for maintaining the accurate quality and quantity control to ensure the on-time delivery of produced products in order to satisfy the retail customers:
- Developing an operations strategy for the production lines that is aligned to the strategic objectives of TFGA. This would involve the objectives, quality, speed, dependability, flexibility and cost of the Plan
- Ensures that planning production meetings, production activities, machine maintenance plans and maintaining product quality and budgets are adhered to
- Manages and motivates a team by continuous improvement
- Review financial statements, activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity to determine areas needing cost reduction and improvements.
- Matric/ Diploma in Clothing production
- Analytical Skills
- The ability to pay close attention to detail
- A strong sense of business acumen and entrepreneurial thinking
- An understanding of financial implications
- A good understanding of lean methodologies, workstudy and garment engineering
- + 10 years experience in a factory or production environment
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.