Do you enjoy working in an international team, using your technical mindset and knowledge of the energy and power technology industries to consult and support new and existing clients? And can you see yourself in a dynamic company with a culture characterized by creativity, customer orientation and commercial success?
As Regional Sales Executive, you match our services with the customers' demand and facilitate testing, certification, etc. Being responsible for the South African B2B market, you play a key role in identifying and developing new customer sales as well as managing customer satisfaction. To do so, you spend most of your time meeting with clients such as R&D Managers or Quality Managers.
Hence, your job will be to:
- Develop and execute our "Go 2 Market" strategy in close cooperation with the rest of the commercial team, located across Europe and the local Country Manager.
- Work closely with the inside sales team as well as other departments like customer service, engineering and follow-up service to better understand the needs of our clients and proudly represent our trademark to the local markets.
- Generate added value for you clients by cross-selling UL services within an established account base.
- Contribute to market information and market intelligence in regards to market share details, business/product development opportunities, competitors or industry trends.
- Complete sales reports and keep our CRM database updated accordingly.
- Work independently in an international team
- You will be part of the Energy & Power Technology Division. From our office in Johannesburg, you collaborate with 35 colleagues across 10 countries within the European sales team. All business related collaboration is managed both locally and remotely and therefore, it is important that you enjoy working independently and are prepared to structure your daily work tasks.
- We offer continuous training on technical issues as well as communication, management and other fields of personal development. In return, we expect you to proactively grow your knowledge of products and our services.
- Sales experience and a technical background
- To succeed in this role, you have several years of sales experience driving new business - ideally within the field of gas & oil, automation technology and / or renewable energy.
- have a technical background or mind-set combined with experience with sales in a highly competitive market
- are fluent in English
- are willing to travel and hold a valid driving license
- have strong communication and negotiation skills
- have a high sense of responsibility and commitment along with the ability to work independently - experience working in a matrix organization is an advantage
You are an ambitious professional with a high level of personal authority who thrives when meeting new business partners and stakeholders. Moreover, you realize that you cannot learn all you need to know in a week - therefore, you are open to learning from experienced colleagues and continuously expand your own professional skill set. Finally, you enjoy travelling and working independently with remote management and sparring.
Desired Skills and Experience
Sales, Engineering, Technical mind-set, Sales drive