Pega is the leader in cloud software for customer engagement and operational excellence. The world’s most recognized and successful brands rely on Pega’s AI-powered software to optimize every customer interaction on any channel while ensuring their brand promises are kept. Pega’s low-code application development platform allows enterpris...
Read more about this company
The purpose of this role is to provide dedicated contract management support to our client in George. The successful candidate will play a significant role monitoring and executing multiple functions like contract compliance, management, drafting of memorandums and correspondence, progress tracking, and reporting.
- 20 months contract position (fixed term contract until end June 2021 with possible renewal dependent on the client)
- Location – George
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Contract Management and Compliance
- Pro-active review of contractual requirements to identify renewal dates, termination dates and other important dates/events well in advance.
- Ensuring the correct documentation is sourced periodically (weekly, monthly or annually) from service providers and stakeholders in terms of the requirements and responsibilities set out in key contracts.
- Review of contracts to ensure correct interpretation and implementation of contractual and regulatory conditions.
- Monitoring performance and identifying non-compliance with contractual requirements.
- Evaluate contract performance against contract measures to calculate service provider payments and to determine performance bonuses / penalties by using compliance (monitoring).
- Referral of contractual disputes/disagreements to the relevant people for input/resolution (e.g. specialist legal support, senior management, etc.)
- Drafting of letters to service providers and stakeholders with legal support and input from the GIPTN Management Unit.
- Preparation of engagements with service provider and stakeholders on relevant issues.
- Maintain and update a central database of all contracts, amendments, addendums to the requisite contracts.
- Ensure all relevant project governance documentation is correctly managed and filed accordingly.
- Set-up and conduct monthly reviews of the project office electronic and hard copy filing. Maintain a list of outstanding or incomplete documentation. Address corrections required with responsible parties.
- Ensure all relevant project governance documentation and correspondence with contracted service providers is correctly managed accordingly.
- Maintain version control of standard operating procedures and ensure the project office is well-informed on location of all standard operating procedures (electronic and hard copy).
Project Progress Tracking
- Run weekly/bi-weekly/monthly meetings, with staff members to ensure uniformity across the unit. Ensure that monthly meetings should be utilised to track and report on project progress.
- Track project milestones and report on risks identified.
- Setting up, facilitating weekly or monthly status meetings with contracted service providers.
Additional Administrative Duties:
- Assessment of invoices from stakeholders to ensure that the contracted services were delivered, and the stipulated service standards were adhered to.
- Participate in project team meetings where necessary and ensure that all relevant decisions and discussions are documented.
- Assist the team with the preparation of presentations, reports, correspondence and any research of relevant documentation.
- Regular communication with service providers and stakeholders to ensure institutional alignment as well as that there are no outstanding contractual issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or any other relevant field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience post articles experience in commercial/corporate law or seven years’ experience in a similar contract and performance management role or as project management
- A clear basic understanding of the requirements and implications of projects
- Fluency in English and Afrikaans
- A relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
This role calls for several specific skills and characteristics in the candidate, including:
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel and MS Office
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, unpredictable work environment
- Strong work ethic and high standards for achievement
- Results-oriented mindset
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and take initiative
- Must be process and document driven
- Strong inter-personal skills and a pleasant yet firm demeanour
- Must be a team player and find comfort working in a collaborative environment
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgement and discretion, especially when dealing with confidential information
- Openness to working demanding hours from time to time
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
PREFERRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
- HDI preferred but not a constraining requirement
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.