Clé du Cap, which means Key to the Cape, is a unique village in the tranquil suburb of Kirstenhof. Set against the spectacular backdrop of the Constantiaberg mountain, with the ocean and the famous vineyards of Constantia only a few kilometers away, it offers an exciting blend of Cape charm and stylish French design.
This exclusive retirement village owned and managed by the well respected Faircape Group has a vacancy for an Enrolled Nursing Auxillary.
If you would like to work in a dynamic and fulfilling team environment, this is the job for you. To ensure high quality patient care, we also invest in continuous development of our staff, which includes both internal and external training.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in handover by communicating observations of residents verbally and in the handover book
- Act on reports from opposite shift in handover
Regular observations and intervention of residents according to ECP care plan, including:
- Catheter care
- Pressure care
- Blood pressure
- Intake and output
- Oxygen saturation
- Hgt. Urine testing
- Weighing of residents
- Administering of eye drops
- Do all wound dressings according to care plan and record and report wound progress
- Communicate to Shift Leader immediately any change in a resident’s condition
- Any other clinical tasks within scope of practice as requested by the Shift Leader
- Perform activities of daily living in the absence of Carers or when necessary (this is secondary function to the duties of ENA), but in sub acute as part of holistic care plan.
- Relieve in the village when necessary
- Log all actions as per the care plan on ECP
- Make suggestions to Duty Sr re possible amendments to care plans
- Total intake and output charts and the end of each shift and record on ECP
ADMINISTRATION AND REPORTING:
- Manage and issue nappy stock
- Record all tasks on ECP
- Complete handover book
- Report all duties and any concerns
- Qualifications: Qualified and SANC registered as Nursing Auxilinary( ENA)
- Experience and Knowledge: Experience in geriatrics, palliative care, dementia care
- Skills and Attributes: Strong interpersonal skills, professional communication, ability to work under pressure, making sound decisions, computer literate, professional, focused, well spoken, neat, compassion for elderly, be able to converse with people on different levels staff, families.
- Working Hours: Required to work 16.25 shifts per month. Normal working days are Mondays to Sundays, according to the roster, from 07h00 19h00.
Salary on offer from R9,500 Cost to Company per month