About the job
Java Spring Web (Angular) Developer
- We are seeking a new Java Spring Web (Angular) Developer to join our development team in enhancing, expanding and maintaining our in-house applications and integrations.
- Our team motto: “We make magic happen by creating applications to deliver business value”
Metacom Online: Acts as our client, support and billing portal to manage and visualize the relationships, monitoring and reporting between customers, network devices, products and services.
Metacom Config Server: Acts as our Metacom device configuration repository and templating system, to track configuration changes applied on devices, but also be able to issue configurations based on pre-configured templates.
Metacom Media Center: Acts as our video and audio management interface to setup, schedule and track playlists and content across the different client sites and devices.
Various smaller application instances:
- Flat file import and processing
- Alert monitoring and flagging
- Data usage tracking and blocking
- System generated email templating and sending
Duties would include, but not be limited to:
- The design, specification, coding, testing and documenting of the system along with team members.
- Leading part time contractors to build and merge system enhancements.
- Providing support to production and customer support services.
- Assisting colleagues in the investigation of software and system related problems on existing and new products or solutions.
Minimum technical requirements:
- A Degree or Diploma in Information Systems or Computer Science
- At least 7 years work experience with the following:
- 2 years leading / mentoring team members
- 7 years Java development (version 8)
- 4 years Java Spring development
- 4 years MVC Web development
- Experience with SDLC
- Solid experience building and consuming REST / Web / Micro-services integrations
- Maven dependency management
- Solid experience with SQL database design, querying and processing
- Familiarity with Linux environments
- Git version control
- Experience with system analysis and design
- Mobile App development
- NoSQL databases (i.e. MongoDB / Casandra)
- Continuous Integration
- Docker containers
- Automated testing
- Remain flexible, function under pressure and maintain a positive attitude and work performance in a variety of circumstances.
- Have the ability to work within a team, but also independently.
- Take responsibility for staying up to date with the latest trends and developments.
- Be willing and keen to share information.
- Have good communication skills.
- Have a natural tendency to be self-driven and highly self-motivated with a sense of pride in their work.
- Show initiative.
- Have an ability to grasp ‘big picture requirements’ and work with changing environment.
- Have a strong sense of integrity.
- Be able to learn and apply new development tools quickly and efficiently.
- Be able to accept constructive criticism.
Should you meet the above requirements, forward a detailed CV with contactable references to [email protected]