BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE SPECIFIC BUSINESS UNIT:
This role is within RBB: Everyday Banking in Payments, reporting into Head Payments Regulatory and Governance
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
- To influence and shape South Africa’s & Absa’s low value Electronic Credit modernization journey through optimal interbank participation, industry relationship facilitation, PSO and internal business unit engagement whilst ensuring that Absa’s end-to-end low value EFT Cr. utility (EFT, RTC, AVS , Instant payments,)functions optimally in all aspects in order to become a leading Low Value Electronic Cr. provider to customers and businesses. Perform the role of a Subject Matter Expert across the Absa group.
Accountability: Strategic Direction
- Create strategic direction for all low value Electronic Credit payment streams (domestic & Cross-border) – EFT, RTC, AVS , Instant payments by compiling and executing business plans
- Own, manage and provide strategic direction for key industry low value electronic Cr. related initiatives - Project Future, Regional payments (CMA & SADC), FATF EFT directive 1/2019, Interoperable QR, EFT & RTC enhancements, Rapid Payments other related initiatives for the Absa group
- Implement and execute Payments strategic plans through approved governance framework
- Own and manage low value Electronic Cr. related outcomes of strategic internal payments governance forums - AGL payments council & relevant sub-committees
- Own and manage low value Electronic Cr. related outcomes of external bodies such as Competition Commission; BASA, PSMB, SARB, PSO’s, other, by facilitating stakeholder buy-in and alignment through the relevant internal payment governance forums
- Ensure alignment with other related internal business unit strategies by growing stakeholder relations with such business units
- Determine and provide strategic MI for all relevant payment streams that will aid in decision making. Create strategic direction for ISO20022 transformation in partnership with RBB Payments data capability
- Liaise with Regulatory and CIB counterparts to ensure alignment with compliance and identify any trade-offs as a subject matter expert.
- Identify trends, opportunities and risks and stay abreast of developments in the related industry and external environment/market.
- Represent the Bank in industry functional debate at forums such as LV Electronic PCH PG and associated project sub-committees.
Accountability: Representation and work in the industry
- Represent Payment Product management at relevant Absa forums where low value Electronic Cr. payments products and streams are affected.
- Represent Absa at relevant industry forums (Low value EFT Credits PCH PG - EFT, RTC, Instant payments and Clearing rules, steering committees and design work-groups) by attendance and presenting an Absa mandated view.
- Ensure alignment in Absa on all decisions made in the industry affecting relevant payments System Operators through the appropriate governance forums and PSO engagements.
- Coordinate initiatives in the payments domain by getting buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Be the entry point and co-ordinator for the relevant Payments Clearing Houses (PCH) and interbank incidents by being the primary representative on the relevant forums.
- Be the escalation representative for all inter-bank queries on low value EFT credits – EFT, RTC, Instant Payments once the Operational route is exhausted.
- Represent Absa at regulatory forums and engagements – National/regional/ global
Accountability: Business ownership of Low value Electronic Credit payment streams – (EFT, RTC, AVS , Instant payments
- Facilitate a data-led low value Electronic Cr. capability by developing and reporting on the health of Absa’s low value electronic Credit payment streams in partnership with RBB Payments data capability
- Chair and facilitate stakeholder engagement through the Low Value Payments Forum
- Ensure that BCM plans for low value Electronic credit payment streams for Absa and the industry are compiled and always kept updated
- Ensure that minimal risk is brought into the Payments franchise by adhering to the relevant Governance frameworks.
- Oversee and be accountable for all change on low value Electronic credit payment streams by being closely aligned with the Group Payments change, payments operations and technology teams
- Ensure effective communication with all Business partners by preparing input to the relevant forums.
- Ensure that all manuals and procedure guides are up to date and accurate.
- Ensure that all incidents are managed by engaging the relevant stakeholders in the resolution.
- Closely align to the relevant payments operations functions to ensure complete relevant Payments streams and products by acting as the Utility owner.
- Perform all other duties as reasonably assigned.
Education and Experience Required
- B Degree or equivalent lent NQF Level 7 qualification
- At least 3-5 years Specialist Payments knowledge
- At least 3-5 years Operations, Payments and Change Management experience
- At least 3-5 years Stakeholder Management
- Experience in the IT network environment preferred
- Bachelor's Degree: Information Technology
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised