The Product Manager role is based in the Vodacom Business.
To develop and manage the overall products and solution sets, product pricing, commercialise new products, product development and product management within the product innovation department of Fixed & Mobile.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinate and drive all product development, product integration and go-to-market strategy for product set to ensure that the strategy achieves the objectives of profitable growth and expansion of market share for that product and service
- To be responsible for developing and implementing the specific product and service’s sales & support documentation, costing and pricing models
- Responsible for product definition, market needs analysis, viability and product fit
- Responsible for all new product plans, announcements, launches and withdrawals & manage the process of commercialising all new or enhanced products working through VCS marketing
- Development of go-to-market sales plan for the product including pre-sales and post-sales support processes and documentation.
- Innovate and curate relevant services in alignment with Vodacom’s Strategy.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Innovation and critical thinking skills – proven track record
- Good communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) and good financial skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to form& manage relationships at all levels within both internally and externally (customers and industry).
- Ability to drive multi-disciplinary virtual teams to deliver an optimal commercialised product.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of Vodacom and partner teams in order to define specifications, prioritise features, build consensus and coordinate the release of new features and product enhancements.
- Facilitate communication throughout the product development process between an array of internal teams
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- A 3 year Degree/Diploma in a technical and business discipline with a product development and sales focus is essential
- A minimum of 5- 8 years proven track record in product development, product management.
Closing date for Applications: 13 September 2021
The base location for this role is, Midrand,Vodacom Campus
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.