About the Job
Kazang is looking for a focused, self-motivated, and dynamic Project Manager to join their Project Office. Our ideal candidate will have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Reporting to the Project Management Team Lead, working together with Project Stakeholders, Users, Customers and Technology Teams to deliver high quality software products and technology solutions.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing and finalising solutions related to new and existing products, modules, and services. To set milestones for each project, co-ordinate efforts between business development, sales, marketing, finance, operations, and technology teams, in order to effectively and efficiently deliver projects according to plan. This position works with internal and external stakeholders to bring structure while implementing project-based processes to bring efficiency to the delivery of all projects.
The successful applicant is a person with a technical acumen that can drive the technical implementation in collaboration with technical teams and understands the different landscapes involved with associated dependencies. You must have the ability to work with an extensive stakeholder community - Business and Technical.
The incumbent will work with multiple teams on a number of medium sized initiatives that will be prioritized by a business steering committee.
Technical acumen will be advantageous as the initiatives involve multiple integration work streams. You should have experience in managing the budgets for all projects from the beginning to end.
Ideally should have had exposure or worked with JIRA/Confluence.
- Managing Project Scope by understanding project scope and product backlog.
- Project Planning, including scoping, conceptual sprint planning and development.
- Defining projects, sizing, and estimating, release and milestone management.
- Ability to understand technical aspects involved such as technical components e.g., coding and integration standards, APIs and working with multiple parties, departments, and vendors (internal and external).
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the execution of projects.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope and schedule.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress (using Confluence)
- Measure and report on project performance to Manco.
- Manage the formulation and ongoing tracking of each project.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, required documentation and presentations.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Assemble and coordinate the team to gain consensus on deliverables from each team member.
- Collaboratively adapt existing and develop new project plans, processes, and communication standards for the team.
- Own the communication and execution of solution hand-over to management and other team members at designated milestones.
- Experienced in technical project implementations involving system integrations.
- Sound experience and knowledge of the system development lifecycle processes and methods, from business concept to deployment stages and tools such as JIRA, Confluence and SharePoint.
- Experienced in Agile and Scrum Methodology with associated Tool experience such as JIRA, JIRA Portfolio and Confluence.
- Technical background and understanding.
- Customer Journey mapping experience.
- Agile methodology experience/exposure.
- Understanding or hands-on experience in software development.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Adaptability to new kinds of software.
- Reporting skills.
Education & Qualifications:
- 7 – 15 years’ experience in a Project Manager role.
- Background in a Tech environment.
- Project skills and Project Management Tool experience.
- Certificate or Diploma in Project Management (beneficial).