Metso is a world-leading industrial company offering equipment and services for the sustainable processing and flow of natural resources in the mining, aggregates, recycling and process industries. With our unique knowledge and innovative solutions, we help our customers improve their operational efficiency, reduce risks and increase profitability. Our cu...
Read more about this company
- This position assures a high competence to give adequate specialist product and application support within Metso, towards end users, distributors as well as OEM’s. Primary activities will include product support of the selected product portfolio, technical/field support, application and process support, warranty support, and price support. The Product Sales Support Engineer is responsible to support and coordinate complex quotes etc.
- The Technical Sales Support O Series Crusher Wears will participate with and assist the MA sales team to develop a jointly owned market product sales strategy and action plan for the related products for the specific market area.
- The Technical Sales Support O Series Crusher Wears will support sales teams with a clear focus of sales strategy of the related products via proactive actions and initiatives. Thinking in terms of a high service and support level and building confidence, the Technical Sales Support O Series Crusher Wears will liaise with the supply operations, Global PL functions and MA sales team. In addition, the Product Support Engineer will conduct product training programs both internal and external. The Product Support Manager is considered an extension of the global PL Product Support role.
- The Technical Sales Support O Series Crusher Wears should also manage to plan and execute on site installation supervision and process and performance inspections.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Technical and engineering support
- Application and process support, including Cavity Optimization
- Warranty support and problem solving
- Market Price collection and market analyses regarding competitive activity market and pricing trends, etc.
- Price support to MA Sales team
- Installation and Inspection support on site
- Support and coordination on complex quotes etc.
- Product selection and product configuration support for the specific and complex application areas as well as product line rules for service life guarantees etc.
- Provide support towards the supply operations regarding demands on availability and reliability, product utilization and bundling, re-configuration of product, etc.
- Enhance sales team knowledge of the related products via regular product updates, internal marketing campaigns, technical support and competency development by providing internal product training programs.
- Enhance end customers, distributors and OEM’s knowledge of the related products by providing external product training programs.
- Assist in developing and implementing market product strategies for the related products together with MA sales management.
- Execute and review the result of the Market and Product strategy agenda
- Establish and maintain a good company image by ensuring all Metso customer contact points get a high competence application, process and up-to-date product support.
- Work with the MA sales teams and MA marketing communications team to develop effective marketing programs to maximize creation of new business opportunities on the related products.
- Regularly travel with MA sales resources to support selling efforts, monitor distribution resource competencies and end user satisfaction. Work with the MA sales teams on required corrective actions.
- Plan end customer visits aligned with the MA sales team
- Extensive international travel
- Interact and participate as a part of the MA Sales team at the specific markets and be aligned with their processes
- Perform other duties as assigned by management from time to time
Reports directly to the head of Technical Sales Support – Consumables
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL INTERFACES
- Other Engineers
- Suppliers and sub-contractors
- Site staff
Qualifications & Experience
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Diploma in Engineering or Metallurgy, or similar
- Minimum 5 plus years field experience from the related products
- Very high demand on up to date technical product specialist knowledge
- Very high demand on process and application knowledge
- Very high competence required particularly of the cavity optimization process
- Experience in complex matrix relationships
- High understanding of and experience of support role
- Familiarity with the broad range of Metso Crushing Equipment
- A strong understanding of core processes of the Metso customer base
Skills And Abilities
- Position requires support management expertise, good customer relation skills, ability to work within a team environment, mechanical aptitude, creativity, innovation, and ability to see the larger picture
- High sense of urgency and passion for service and support
- Supervision skills
- Strong relationship building skills, a bias for action and detail-oriented behaviors
- A high level of computer skills is essential – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work under stress and meet the deadlines
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Client skills including building and managing relationships, negotiation skills and understanding of customer needs and market requirements
- Must be capable of effectively and accurately working on several projects at one time, and organizing, prioritizing tasks and working in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication, co-operation, interpersonal and presentation skills to manage internal and external interfaces
- Ability to travel regularly
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb and balance
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Use of keyboards, telephones, copiers, telefax, visits and movement through shops, and travel experiences
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, scaffolds at jobsites and customer facilities
- Full driver’s license with clean drivers record
Please note that, should you not receive any response from us within 14 days, please regard your application as unsuccessful; we however thank you for your interest in our company. In Line with our EE Plan, previously disadvantaged candidates will be preferred.
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, metals refining and recycling industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change.
Metso Outotec is committed to limiting global warming to 1.5°C with Science Based Targets. We ranked 8th on the 2021 Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable companies.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its sales for 2020 were about EUR 3.9 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. mogroup.com, twitter.com/metsooutotec