Old Mutual Limited (OML) is a premium African financial services group that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key markets in 14 countries.
To provide a quality Non Motor Liability claims service, ensure containment of claims spend and provide excellent service in setting a culture of best practice within mandated responsibility.
End-to-end negotiation and settlement of Commercial Non Motor claims
- Process commercial non motor liability claims in adherence with SLA.
- Arrange assessment in adherence with SLA.
- Review merit of claim.
- Complete Risk assessment and additional support request analysis.
- Clarify and amend information where required
- Appoint the support service required.
- Review Support Function Report.
- Calculate and Analyse technical computations.
- Capture decision in system.
- Diarise Awaiting Info Documentation.
- Prepare Rejection Letter, where required.
- Prepare Payment with communication details.
- Await additional information on multiple payments, if required.
- Continuously improve claims service, manage claims spend and contain the increase in average cost of claims.
- Improve / maintain Commercial Non Motor liability Claims service effectively.
- Reduce/ maintain turnaround time of Commercial Non Motor liability Claims.
- Ensure effective implementation and compliance of claims/ operational systems or procedures.
- Ensure diary is maintained.
- Ensure estimates are raised accurately and timeously in accordance with best practice as and when new claims and new documents are actioned.
Quality people practices
- Collaborate and work closely together with others thereby leveraging constructive team dynamics and innovation
- Be aware of capacity building initiatives (i.e. development programmes, training, mentorship, coaching etc.)
- Align own behaviour with the organisation culture and values
- Achieve own performance objectives
Actively participate in own professional development and career path.
Cost and risk reduction
- Proactively ensure use of time, of resources, money, materials or equipment is in line with policies and procedures
Quality service delivery
- Provide customer services in line with quality and performance standards
- Build positive customer relations and solve or escalate customer queries and complaints
- Gather feedback on customer satisfaction and report to the relevant party
Proactively suggest improvements in customer service and relations where applicable.
Continuous improvement to ensure good quality
- Adhere to specified standards, policies, practices and procedures.
Identify and recommend areas / ways to improve processes.
Communicating with Impact
- Readily maintains open and consistent communication with others
- The ability to anticipate and takes action to avoid/reduce potential conflict
Decision making and problem solving
- The ability to apply Rules In Decision-Making
Business Administration Skills
- Knowledge and application of business administrative activities.
Claim Verification Procedure
- In depth knowledge and application of claims processing activities in line with the applicable product
- Implementation of the daily administrative processes for excellence in service delivery
- Capturing and verifying data of financial and non financial nature.
- Apply negotiation/liability skills during negotiation phase
Appropriate Insurance Qualification
egal background preferable
years liability claims handling / Alternatively 4 years Commercial non motor experience