Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
- Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
- As a Support Operations Manager, you will provide exceptional leadership & management needs for our growing number of Engineers. You will have a love for technology and operational excellence, to provide our customers with an exceptional experience and service.
Define and Execute Business Priorities
- You will be a key contributor and owner of the direction for your operations. This includes defining strategic goals for the team. You will be participating in defining, planning, and documenting key projects and initiatives. You will be tracking the progress of initiative outcomes against goals and ensuring that the team remains unblocked and focused.
Team and Performance Management
- You will own all facets of performance and career management for the team. Regular one on one meetings with all team members are required. You will be expected to mentor all members in order to maintain a well-rounded, world class organization. This includes project management, quality audits and coordination of training sessions as well as day to day oversight of the team. You will own and be accountable for the output and performance of your team.
- You will uphold and continue to drive operational excellence across the site and globe. You will drive best practices with a focus on outcomes for our customers. You will identify and own local and global initiatives that will continue to optimize our highly customer focused operational teams.
Recruiting and Hiring
- You will take the lead in hiring quality personnel who not only fit the needs of the current organization but will allow the team to scale with our customer and service growth. You will coordinate with Amazon and external recruiting staff to evaluate potential candidates, participate in initial phone screens and provide relevant guidance and feedback during onsite interview loops. You will also be responsible for ensuring that proper training takes place for all new hires.
Incident and Escalations Management
- You will be the point of contact for enquiries regarding engagement processes and issues impacting our customers during your team’s coverage. As a member of the Operations management team, you will be expected to participate in managing customer, service and network escalations and related incidents. The manager is expected to respond to critical issues regarding engagement and incident management on an as needed basis. You will be driving initiatives regarding improvements to existing tools & processes and providing feedback on new practices & procedures in order to scale with the rapid expansion of the AWS services and customer base.
You will own accountability to provide our customers with an exceptional support experience and assist customers in their time of need with highly technical and customer focused service.
3+ years of experience managing technical teams with significant personnel management experience and examples of developing engineers and building successful teams.
- Highly technical and analytical; will have a strong focus on operational excellence and quality management.
- Data and metrics driven focus, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to write strong business proposals
- Strong business, operations and technical vision. Have been successful working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions.
- Experience operating mission-critical online services. Experience in an internet operational environment, including multiple data centers and thousands of servers.
- Experience managing IT environments on behalf of customers.
- Experience as a systems administrator or software development engineer. Experience with Web services, systems administration (Linux and/or Windows), Networking, Java, Perl, Ruby and Python.
- The Amazon Web Services business requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader will have a track record of achieving that balance.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity and Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
Company - Amazon Dev Centre South Africa
Job ID: A1079432