Amazon Web Services (AWS) Customer Service (CS) provides global support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3. The AWS teams help our customers understand what Cloud Computing is all about, and whether it can be useful for their business needs.
AWS CS - Abuse Investigation & Prevention
Our Abuse Investigation & Prevention Team focuses on scenarios where AWS hosted resources negatively impact other users on the Internet
The team is key in maintaining the reputation of AWS’s IP space. The team vets potential abuse issues and contacts AWS customers in order to put a stop to these harmful acts. Abuse Investigation & Prevention acts as the first line of defense for AWS by analyzing trends and reporting findings to AWS service teams as needed. AWS Customers may experience abuse or attacks on their resources for several reasons including incorrect use of security protocols and/or tools. The team devotes their time and attention to helping identify impactful customer scenarios such as these. They classify incoming reports of abuse while exercising sound judgment in the decisions they make. Team members display strong technical skills while providing complex AWS account support to our customers and other AWS teams. The team works to create trust and maintain customer loyalty by going above and beyond the customer’s expectations to ensure Amazon Web Services remains the most customer centric company on Earth!
Specific Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Work reported case types such as Spam Email, Port Scanning, DoS, Phishing and Malware etc.
- Take action on abusive/non-responsive customers (applying mitigation when applicable)
- Verify proper classification of incoming abuse reports
- Classify and work incoming abuse reports in accordance with defined Abuse procedure.
- Execute messaging to customers on best practices
- Facilitates escalations to other Abuse Investigation & Prevention stakeholders and escalates cases judiciously to either senior Abuse Investigation & Prevention team members and/or to service teams, while continuing to monitor those escalations to resolution
- Monitor queues for trends by identifying common abuse types and highlighting areas of opportunities for workflow improvements.
- Create and/ or contribute to the continuous improvement of policies and procedures
- Calls out incidents and trends to senior Abuse Investigation & Prevention team members and/or Security stakeholders
Please note that is is not a Virtual role , our workforce is currently working from home until further notice.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
- Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
- Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Existing and dedicated 10MB Uncapped Fiber line (LTE lines and Wi-Fi connections are not eligible for this role) - proof of connectivity will be required.
- Grade12/NQF4/ equivalent or higher qualification(s)
- 2+ years of experience in a fast paced customer support or IT Help Desk environment working within trouble ticketing/tracking systems and complex billing systems
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to summarize technical customer issues into notes that are readable by other.
- Familiarity with Web Technologies and the Internet (preferably website hosting or building)
- Working knowledge of networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing
- Ability to learn new technologies and stay current with related field information
- Ability to recognize patterns
- Knowledge of both Windows and Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Solid knowledge of security concepts (vulnerabilities, firewalls, common security issues)
- Knowledge of email servers/ services and security best practices
- Strong multitasking skills
- Strong technical support ability and aptitude in a distributed computing environment, which also includes supporting end user applications and tools
- Proficiency in MS Office, with an emphasis on Excel
- Strong prioritization, time management skills, and flexibility
- Ability to embrace constant change with grace and control
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and processes
- Ability to communicate openly and contribute in a team environment.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in a computer science related field
- Network+ Certification or equivalent demonstrable knowledge
- Security+ Certification or equivalent demonstrable knowledge
- Experience with Amazon Web Services products and features