Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime Signup Now
Imagine a world where people live healthier, more enhanced and protected lives… A world in which each organisation is a powerful influencer and responsible corporate citizen, committed to being a force for social good. As a leading innovator in healthcare, wellness, insurance, investments, financial and life planning, Discovery works ceaselessly to...
Read more about this company
About You & The Role
- We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and driven graduates to join our Discovery Internship programme in 2021.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Analysing a broad range of datasets to interpret and derive insights, leading to great customer understanding
- Presenting and sharing data driven insights in a meaningful way, to inform strategy
- Working with the Technical Marketing teams to maintain and update models produced to inform customer engagement strategies
- Creating accurate reporting & dashboard assets
- Managing relationships with a broad range of internal stakeholders – e.g. Business Intelligence, Health Actuarial teams, MIS - to ensure access to information and best practice
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Advanced excel
- Advanced analytical skills
- Experience with SQL is advantageous
- Strong ability to work with, analyse and communicate findings from data (verbal and written)
- Exposure to statistical modelling tools such as R would be beneficial
- Ability to work under pressure and at fast pace
- A restless curiosity towards data and uncovering trends & insights
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment and balance multiple priorities
- A team player who can work alone when required and without supervision
- High level of attention to detail, resilience, enthusiasm, energy and drive
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ethical and able to maintain confidentiality and manage boundaries
- Aligned to Discovery values and core purpose
- Matric / Grade 12 is essential
- Completed degree in either statistics, applied mathematics, business analytics or another relevant field in the last 6 – 12 months from graduation (Essential)
- No previous internship and or graduate programme in any industry or government institution
- No work experience (Essential)
- Between the ages of 18 – 30 (Essential)
- You must be a South African Citizen by Birth or by naturalization before the 27th April 1994.
go to method of application »
Within the Digital system area, the iOS developer will work on the Discovery application together with Product Owners from various business units, Business Analysts, UX/UI designers & Content Teams, System Architect and managers to understand the overall business need and the requirements, design the system solution using various approaches and technologies, implement the designed solution in the system with high quality source code.
iOS developers support the projects throughout the project lifecycle, including requirements, design, implementation, release and post release support. iOS developers in the Digital area must be able to technically support and maintain the deployed applications on dev, test and production environments.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
Senior IOS Developers Must Have a Competent Understanding Of
- The system development life cycle and can explain the developer’s role in each stage
- The defined system development tools, processes and workflows
- The distinction between business, functional and non-functional requirements and how to implement them
- The importance of delivering high quality source code and how to achieve it
- The technologies used and the systems components structure
- The domain and business terminologies and link them back to system implementations
Senior iOS developers should be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Develop, test, and maintain the deployed application software with high quality
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to ensure a successful, high-quality product and great user experience
- Analyse, maintain and enhance existing application and troubleshoot issues with efficiency.
- Perform accurate development estimation
- Produce technical specifications and designs. Participate in new business development through ideation, prototype development, and project estimates
- Research new techniques, tools, and best practices and share that knowledge with the team and community
- Maintain high standards
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter who takes ownership, is accountable, and is able to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can help with quality assurance and provide comments
Within 6 months of being in the position, a Senior iOS developer should be able to demonstrate strong domain knowledge and technologies in relation to the environment that they work in.
Personal Attributes And Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
- Ability to work in a self-driven, complex environment with multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to think abstractly
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies
- Clean code thinking
- Maintain and extend existing development activities
- Work with customers to determine project requirements
- Design software to fulfill customer requirements
- Develop software from requirements and specifications
- Find and repair software defects; unit testing, UI automation testing
- Stay current with Apple and iOS standards and guidelines
- Documenting development work done
Education And Experience
- Informatics degree or Diploma
- 4+ years’ experience developing iOS applications
- 2 year user interface analyst experience
- Software Engineering related degree/qualification
- Honours degree
- Business experience and product knowledge
- Experience in Objective-C is beneficial
- Waterfall and Agile
- Knowledge of OO design principles and development patterns
- SoapUI (SOAP) / REST client (JSON)
- Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence)
- XML, JSON
- SOAP and REST Web Service Development
- Software architecture
- JAD sessions
- Data modelling techniques
go to method of application »
This position requires the successful candidate to be able to make funding decisions for clinically complex cases as per scheme rules, in keeping with principles of evidence-based medicine while promoting cost effective and quality healthcare for our members and managing interactions with external clinical providers.
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
- Provide clinical support to the Medical Review team, PMB team, Chronic Illness Benefit, hospital case management, oncology case management, exec office, benefit compliance review, the underwriting and forensics area, as well as other business areas.
- Ensuring the workflow pools and TWT are met
- Participating in key clinical forums internally and externally
- Daily Clinical Review – Preparing of cases, case presentation, loading member remarks and clinical exceptions, arranging second opinions/external expert opinion and follow up
- Communication of funding decisions to the relevant parties
- Keeping abreast with legislative and industry changes and how it affects your business unit
- Keeping updated with the latest clinical thinking and attending CPD events
- Identification of new trends in Medical Industry, and engagement with relevant clinical stakeholders
- Constant interaction and relationship building with external health care providers
- Maintenance of database of funding decisions made
- Support to Junior Staff and other Medical Advisors
- Knowledge of Claims, coding and assisting in getting payment resolutions
- Identify operational gaps and initiate improvement strategies
- Clear knowledge of evidence based medicine and the application thereof
- Review of clinical evidence on a case by case basis
Liaison with various business group TWGs
- Analyzing: Analyses numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information. Breaks information into component parts, patterns and relationships. Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem. Makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis. Produces workable solutions to a range of problems. Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system
- Deciding and Initiating Action: Makes prompt, clear decisions, which may involve tough choices or considered risks. Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction.
- Following Instructions and Procedures: Appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority. Follows procedures and policies. Keeps to schedules. Arrives punctually for work and meetings. Demonstrates commitment to the organisation. Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback. Projects credibility.
- Delivering Results and meeting customer expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Conflict Management: Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Interpersonally Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people—up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Peer Relationships: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candidwith peers.
- Dealing with Paradox: Can act in ways that seem contradictory; is very flexible and adaptable when facing tough calls; can combine seeming opposites like being compassionately tough, stand up for self without trampling others, set strong but flexible standards; can act differently depending upon the situation; is seen as balanced despite the conflicting demands of the situation.
The following requirements are essential:
- Qulaified Medical Doctor
- Full and Current HPCSA registration
- Minimum of two years experience in a Private hospital or clinic
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of Managed Care Environment
- Sound knowledge of Prescribed Minimum Benefits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Basic computer Literacy in Microsoft Office applications (must be proficient in Excel)
- Knowledge of Discovery Health Medical Scheme and In-House products
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love