ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products.
As a Senior Sales Engineer, you will be part of the Power Grid (PG) Division and Grid Automation Business Units (BU) based in Longmeadow. ABB is World’s No.1 in Power Products Business and the product manufactured becomes the key components to transmit and distribute electricity. The division incorporates ABB’s manufacturing network for Transformers, Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, Cables and associated equipment. It also offers all the services needed to ensure products’ performance and extend their lifespan.
- As a Senior Sales Engineer you will be responsible for sales of substation automation and communications products, systems and services within the Southern African market in accordance with the strategy of Grid Automation. The objectives are to build long term customer relationships and manage solutions to specific customer needs and issues, while identifying and developing sales opportunities. Your tasks as a Senior Sales Engineer will include the following:
- Volume and profit: Sell products/systems/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for the assigned Business Units/Product Groups.
- Customer relations: Establish and maintain effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Promote customer understanding of full product/systems/ services offering, and align to provide a solution. Ensure a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Sales plans: Prepare sales plans using company tools. Perform regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Sales: Create added value for the customer and ABB and ensure the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicate details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions).
- Marketing: Ensure efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- New market opportunities: Identify and drive the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensure know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Administration: Manage administrative procedures in sales processes, and support collection and project management activities when needed.
- Offer preparation: Prepare offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing Manager. Ensure appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
Ideally you should have Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Engineering in addition to a Sales qualification coupled with at least 5 years of experience in Sales of system solutions, meeting sales targets and increase value for the company. Your experience in Substation Automation Systems design, application and implementation along with your ability to provide a solution to meet customer requirements could be preferred.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.