With over 74,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
There is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join the Airfreight operations in our Port Elizabeth Office in Eastern Cape to focus on imports. He/she will be responsible for daily shipments, from collection to final delivery and oversee the full clearing and forwarding process for the client including all documentation requirements.
Responsibilities Will Include But Are Not Limited To
- To be a representative Kuehne + Nagel at the customer site.
- To support and maintain good client relations.
- Indent monitoring of orders placed with Suppliers.
- Monitoring daily uplift report and MEA report to ensure shipments are registered and booked as per standard procedures.
- Confirm arrivals at any of the international airports and that cargo is drawn and loaded.
- Arranging invoices to customers.
- Arranging final deliveries ( Domestic deliveries ).
- Liaising with Customer, Airlines, and Agents.
- Updating of AIRLOG handover status 2300.
- Ensure Data Quality is up to date.
- Sorting out queries with client.
- Sorting out queries with accounts.
- Sorting out queries with overseas offices - including after-hours follow up.
- Obtain handover charges from airlines/other agents.
- Advising the Shared Services Centre if there is out of RFQ charges applicable.
- Lodging of pro-forma claims to airlines and reports all damages/discrepancies to relevant
- parties, and keeps Claims register updated and communicated with the customer.
- Batch Euro+ ZAR invoice, insert appropriate references, and prepares handover spread sheet and handover to the customer and transport for sign off.
- Monitor customer statements, and communicate with finance and origin office on payment, including the Finance team in Johannesburg.
- Provide appropriate support to the team outside of normal working hours.
- Submit monthly finance and KPI report to the relevant department.
- Preparation of data needed for quarterly business review reporting.
Your Skills And Experience
- Matric and at least 3 - 5 years’ experience within a Clearing and Forwarding Company.
- Excellent Customs Knowledge.
- Previous knowledge of working with an automotive customer will be a distinct advantage.
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly.
- Focused on the provision of excellent solutions to customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Proven ability to deal with conflict and difficult customers.
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Must have good computer skills with the ability to work on Acon/ SALog.
- Must have excellent client relationship skills.
- Must have meticulous attention to detail.
- Attention to detail is very important.
- Candidate must be a team player.
What We Offer
This is an excellent opportunity for a freight forwarding specialist to join an airfreight team focusing on customer excellence. The candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a sterling network worldwide and grow his/her career with a respected forwarder .
Preference will be given to candidates that supports the implementation of Kuehne+Nagel’ s Employment Equity plan.
kuehne+Nagel is recruiting for an experienced Trade Lane Development and Product Analyst Manager to join the airfreight team. The successful candidate will be responsible to develop new Airfreight business in & out of South Africa. He/she will evaluate the South African market regarding potential customers and opportunities with substantial airfreight requirements in our Focus trade lanes Europe/ Americas/ Asia. Success will depend on the ability to collaborate in selling and assisting other representatives of the Sales and Operation Teams to grow the business between the regions.
Main Responsibilities Will Include
Trade Lane Analysis;
- Collect, analyse and share with National management market information, segmentation, lanes to focus.
- Identify lanes to focus and opportunities to develop.
- Defines with National Management the strategy and structure between specific origins and South Africa route.
- Segments the market, align with Stakeholders to understand market needs for rapid market share development.
- Review opportunities in the pipeline on specific trade lanes with Airfreight Management
- Manage customer retention by following up on inactive or downgraded accounts (EMS – management).
- Insuring there is an active customer retention program in place to monitor customer deviations.
- Sharing the trade lane analysis and customers segmentation characteristic with Sales/Ops team to guide sales in the market.
- Preparing an in depth needs analysis for clients and identify areas of the business where value added services can be provided.
- Produces weekly monthly, quarterly, and other ad-hoc reports as required by management.
- Organises and coordinates with National Airfreight Manage and other Sales stakeholders to arrange sales visits.
- Works with countries and offices on Airfreight development / carrier utilization etc.
- Attends client meetings / presentations in support of both Airfreight and Sales stakeholders South Africa.
- Supports Coordination of customers’ activities to be coordinated across the airfreight business unit and sales.
- Undertakes specific projects as required.
- Coordinates the Products and Freightnet Launches with the support of other trade lane and operational managers Informs stations about new Products features, new Service portfolio.
- Participates to pricing Negotiation with KN agents and stations for pricing (specific lanes) in conjunction of the pricing specialists.
- Ensures growth of win ratio for spot quotations on focused trade lanes.
- Promotes Specific Trade Lanes.
- Work with the Regional Team where required.
- Pricing back up for Southern Africa Airfreight.
- Trade Lane Market Rate validation with sales / operational key account managers and departments in the local South African Market.
Your Skills And Experience
- Matric Certificate is essential.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Business Management is essential for this position.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the International Freight, Transportation and Logistics industry.
- Proven track record with excellent skills in business development sales.
- Ability to apply business principles and procedures to work assignments.
- Proven ability to analyse data and explain complex financial information.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Good business understanding and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have time management skills and be deadline-driven.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence credibly and effectively at all levels.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Effective time-management skills.
- Have proven verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Advanced level of computer literacy (especially Excel) and ability to learn new software with ease.
What We Offer
This is an excellent opportunity for a commercially oriented candidate to join a dynamic airfreight team. Kuehne+Nagel offers network wide career opportunities for talent keen to expand their horisons.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.