Uber- We believe that by solving some of the biggest problems of our time, we can create a future where there is limitless freedom of movement for people and things all across the world. Just talk to our people — and feel their passion, optimism and curiosity for building solutions every single day on behalf of drivers, riders, couriers, eaters and employees.
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Account Executive role is a great opportunity to leverage sales skills and abilities in order to expand the number of restaurants that work with Uber Eats. We are looking for someone who is a natural at selling and knows where the best eats are in Sub-Saharan Africa, passionate about food and enjoys negotiating to build the best partnership. Your primary focus will be bringing on new restaurants that fit our partnership criteria and leverage your skills in pitching, negotiating and driving internal processes to set up our partnerships for success.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to build partnerships with brands and restaurants interested in Uber Eats in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Manage contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our restaurant partners, including sustainable economics for both parties.
- Clearly communicate the value of Uber Eats and its newest products and projects.
- Help craft and redesign processes to ensure Uber Eats can move quickly and succeed at large scale.
- Work closely with product teams to innovate on our ability to grow our business & form best in world customer relationships
What You Need
- Minimum 5 years of inside and / or field sales experience in high growth company
- Experience in sourcing, negotiating and driving contracts to closure
- Team management experience a plus but not necessary
About The Team
Uber Eats makes eating well effortless at any time, for anyone
About The Role
Safety is a critical issue that resonates everywhere Uber operates but specifically in Sub Saharan Africa. It’s crucial for our users, our business, and our brand and Uber is committed to making Safety our top priority globally.
We are growing our safety team to drive focus on this priority. This team will set the strategy and drive innovation across the business to raise the bar on safety in transport space and build public trust in the safety of our platform.
The Safety Ops Manager will be the primary safety liaison and business partner between the regional leadership teams, regional operations teams and HQ Trust & Safety and our Incident response team.
If you love a challenge and are excited about building a mission critical function from the ground up, we have the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of partner-driver and rider safety in SSA to ensure that Uber is the ridesharing platform of choice when it comes to safety.
- Manage, monitor and analyze safety related incidents and trends, investigating suspicious activity and behavior, and identifying risks to Uber, partner-drivers and riders.
- Design and implement process for early identification of trends and/or escalations in safety incidents and collaborate with stakeholders across the business to address in a proactive fashion
- Design and implement scalable process and initiatives to improve safety on the platform, displaying hustle - regardless of resource constraints and challenges.
- Set and develop best of practice standards in the region, and ensure maintenance and continuous improvement of these.
- Build productive and successful relationships with ops and functional leadership and other relevant stakeholders.
- Understand the regional objectives and plans and advise on potential safety implications.
- Translate the impact of safety programs into business operations outputs and advocate for safety interventions and awareness in the region.
- Participate in other special projects / assignments as necessary.
- Willingness to travel across Africa.
What You'll Do
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of applicable experience, preferably in e-commerce, risk analysis and mitigation and/or crisis management.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Passion for safety and a drive for high performance and results.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new environments and new technologies.
- Solid judgment and a strong moral compass.
- High Emotional IQ - you deal with drivers, partners, influencers, and riders with no problem
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, analytical and customer service skills.
- Experience managing complex programmes with competing priorities across multiple stakeholder groups who need to be kept informed and consulted during the life of a project
- Strong excel are a must and experience with SQL is a bonus
- Innovative, idea driven mindset, coupled with the ability to execute.
- Ability to transition from big picture thinking/planning to implementation/speed
- Willingness to travel across Africa.
Bonus Points If
Experience working within the safety function of a start-up or established business
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.