The capability of organisations to transform data to information, and information to intelligence has truly become the last remaining source of competitive differentiation. Decision Inc., helps organisations to unleash the potential in the business and in their people. Strategy: The strategy team advises business on their capabilities and opportunities to...
Read more about this company
We are looking for strong Business Intelligence Developers to join our Data, Information and Analytics team as client-facing, permanently employed consultants. Good communication and collaboration skills are therefore a must, as well as great technical ability, statistical ability and a passion to convert data into thought provoking visual information. There will be exposure to a wide range of industries, so the ability to quickly understand new business environments is essential.
Who Are We?
Decision Inc. is a leader in enabling its clients to make better decisions, faster. The Company’s foundation is built in technology; however, what makes us unique is our understanding of effective decision making.
We represent the following leading global technology brands and are experts in the implementation, support and execution of these technologies: Qlik, Microsoft BI (SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI), Tableau, R, Python, Alteryx and SAP.
What Will You Do?
- Identify and develop cutting edge and innovative technology solutions to enable better decision making for our customers
- Participate in analysis and design sessions – work with business analysts to determine the best fit solution for our clients
- Delve for insights in client data and processes to help improve their businesses
- Produce technical and user documentation
- Data warehouse and ETL development and maintenance
- Understanding of defined business and user requirements and ability to migrate requirements to any/all of the following solutions: Qlik, Tableau or PowerBI
- Ability to understand the challenge and find solutions within the BI environment including extensions
- Deliver the complete BI solution with the consulting team
- Communicate progress with client and project teams
- Design, development and implementation of reporting and dash boarding
- Implementation of specifications, from provided specifications and customer requirements
- Data Staging and general support relative to Reports, Cube and Data Warehouse
- Creating and maintaining detailed documentation for processes and procedures required
Who Do You Need To Be?
- Relevant Degree e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems
- At least 2-3 years’ experience
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license
- Microsoft or QlikView Certified (advantageous)
- Experienced in either Qlik / Microsoft BI stack/ Tableau / Alteryx or general ETL tools
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in data integration (script writing)
- Data model designing (Back End design)
- Experience in Application Integration (Front End)
- Experienced in implementing BI tools for requirements and utilizing various sources
- Consulting experience
- The willingness to be cross-skilled into multiple other BI tools
- Good understanding of data warehousing and analytical methodologies and solution delivery
- Strong problem solving skills and good communication skills, both written and verbal - Explaining technical concepts to business people in a language they understand, and business requirements to technical people
- Ability to work within a team and effective planning and organizational skills
- Self-motivating, driven and ambitious
- Eagerness and willingness to learn – a positive attitude is everything!?
What’s in it for you?
- Exposure to multiple clients across a various of industry verticals (Retail; Manufacturing; Logistics; Telco’s; Financial Services; Mining; Public Enterprise)
- Success driven culture that rewards great performance
- Excellent training opportunities - We place a big focus on up skilling our employees to be the best they can be and will assist you obtaining your certifications within your relevant technology
- We believing in cross skilling and offer our consultants an opportunity to be exposed to multiple Stats, BI and Data technologies
- When joining the company, a clear Career Development Plan will be drawn up for you to help you reach the next level in your career