Oracle Financial Services Global Business Unit (FSGBU) is a world leader in providing IT solutions to the financial services industry. Oracle’s customers include ten of the top ten global banks, ten of the top ten insurance companies, ten of the top ten securities firms, five of the top five mutual fund companies and four of the top five World stock exchanges. With the experience of delivering value-based IT solutions to over 840 financial institutions in over 130 countries, the FSGBU understands the specific challenges that financial institutions face: the need for building customer intimacy and competitive advantage through cost-effective solutions while, simultaneously, adhering to the stringent demands of a dynamic regulatory environment. Our solutions have the world's most comprehensive and contemporary banking applications and provide a technology footprint that addresses their complex IT and business requirements
As a Corporate and Transaction Banking - Business Development Specialist this role will work in collaboration with on-field sales executives in each of the markets and will take responsibility for selling into a designated territory
What You’ll Do – The responsibilities are as follows
- · Building pipeline and executing new business opportunities and meet/exceed Corporate and Transaction Banking targets established for the designated region
- · Big emphasis will be on building pipeline from new prospects within the region
- · A successful candidate must be capable of engaging at a CXO and Senior levels within Banks to understand their strategy and key business drivers; strive to develop a buying vision and roadmap with the customer; introduce Oracle solutions and to convince the customers of the value it delivers
- · Strives to position Oracle as a market leader in the Corporate and Transaction Banking solutions space
- · Collaborate closely with Sales, Pre-sales, Consulting, Marketing teams to drive sales in the assigned market
- · Will be the face of Oracle FSGBU Corporate and Transaction Banking within the region and actively contributes towards thought leadership vie- speaking engagements, writing blogs etc..
- · Provide direction and input to the Product Management, Product Marketing and Product Development Groups on product plans and new product roll outs by analysing the changes and advances in technology to anticipate the market trends
What You’ll Bring
- · 10-15 years of experience selling enterprise software to banks, preferably in the space of Corporate Lending, Cash Management, Payments, Liquidity Management, Digital Channels, Trade and Supply Chain Finance
- · A strong track record of pipeline and revenue growth in the Corporate and Transaction Banking or Payments space
- · Has strong connects within the business and technology teams within banks in the region
- · Should have a sound understanding of the Corporate and Transaction Banking space with deep understanding in one or multiple domains- Credit & Lending, Payments, Liquidity Management, Virtual Accounts, Trade and Supply Chain
- · Should have good understanding of the technology trends and should be able to articulate the Functional and Technical value proposition to prospective customers
- · Should have an excellent presentation and demonstration skills and should have the prior experience in public speaking at conferences and trade events
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Responsible for the identification of relevant new business opportunities and designs "go-to-market" plan to deliver measurable and significant revenues. Pursues sales opportunities in the market, and carries the baton in the beginning of the sales cycle.
- A Business Development Representative is assigned to strategic accounts which may be grouped by industry where Oracle has a limited presence. Acts as primary liaison between Consulting, Sales, and Oracle Development for the product*s sales opportunities. Generates business opportunities through prospecting mass market programs and leveraging third party partners. Develops and coordinates a worldwide relationship with customers that establishes Oracle as a preferred vendor and optimizes Oracle's sales of product. Executes aggressive strategies and plans to successfully drive the product as the preferred customer selection. Provides account representatives with information on how the product addresses specific needs, and assists account representatives in using Oracle's products to leverage large revenue opportunities. Assists in articulating product message, coordinates technical resources and hands off deals to a successful close.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years of progressively increased responsibilities in sales or sales management. Marketing and business development experience preferred. Business and account planning implementation experience. Conversant in Oracle technology and product strategies. Proven track record in managing multiple opportunities and ability to negotiate and close complex deals. Ability to determine strategy and tactical plans that deliver tangible results. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to travel. BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).