Elanco is a global animal health company. At Elanco, we work to improve the health of animals through innovative products, expertise and service. We provide solutions that empower our customers to advance a vision of food and companionship enriching life. #WeAreElanco
- Responsible for the Customer Services rendered to the South African and Exports Markets as well as all outbound order related activities of Elanco Animal Health and customer relationship management through Logistics Service Providers. The responsibility of the Customer Service Controller includes overseeing order processing and customer support to the benefit of Elanco and the customers it services.
- The Customer Service Controller is fully accountable for the accuracy, correctness and transparency of all reported order and query related records & data.
Functions, Duties, Tasks
Customer Service and Support
- Communicate with customers, deal with enquiries and provide solutions and advice within time limits
- Build customer trust through open and interactive communication
- Update customers on order status, logistics, stock levels
- Manage incoming calls, emails and any other form of customer service enquiries.
- Advise customers on correct use of products according to the Package Insert.
- Build professional relationships with customers to become the preferred point of contact together with the Account Manager
- Receive, handle and record customer complaints, routing service, technical and Adverse Event complaints to the correct channel.
Customer Acquisition and Sales Support
- Generate new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow up, regular customer follow up if order not yet placed
- Opening of customer accounts
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate Business Unit and Account Manager for further development
- Liase closely with Sales Team to identify customer needs, preferences and timelines
Order Processing for internal and external customer services
- Process orders for internal and external customer services in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assisting with Section 21 orders and permits.
- Notify customers, and Business Unit Managers of instances of back-orders via e-mail.
- Follow up on all customer queries regarding Daily Open Order Report as well as the bi - weekly Delivered not Ship Report, orders received and provide feedback to customers and Supply Chain.
- Support Sales & Marketing ie. load price increases.
- Assist Supply Chain Manager and warehouse staff with the annual stock count & cycle count.
- Follow up on imported shipment with delivery and clearing instructions.
- Ensure inbound inventory is processed within 3 working days upon receipts of shipment.
- Forward shipping documents i.e material receiving notice, COA, shipment invoice and product verification check list to Quality Assurance and Warehouse.
- Ensure delivery and supporting documents are filed.
Support Accounts Receivable
- Co-ordinate the opening of new accounts, accounts exceeding credit limit, customer account queries with Accounts Receivable.
- Supply relevant invoice and proof of delivery and copy of credit note for customer account queries.
- Distribute statement and invoice to customer by email.
- Forward remittance to Accounts Receivable on receipt from customer.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales documents, shipment documents and good receipt documents.
- File all related documents weekly (Purchase Order from customers, pick slip, delivery note and invoice. Email an original Tax Invoice to the customer.
- Maintain and input prices to customers accurately.
- File statements, invoices and approved documentation for price changes or adjustments.
Third Party Service Providers
- Communicate and liaise with the transporter for estimated time of delivery (ETA), delivery status, i.e. delays etc. and proof of deliveries (POD).
- Assure on time delivery.
- Arrange bookings for orders with deliveries with special instructions.
Minimum Qualification (education, Experience And/or Training, Required Certifications)
- Grade 12
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a client service representative.
- Strong telephone / email / MS Office/ Online call platform (Zoom, Teams and Skype) skills
- Contact handling skills, conflict handling and active listening skills.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt / respond to different people and identify their needs.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Previous experience using ERP systems.
- Willing to go the extra mile to engage customers.
- SAP working experience and knowledge
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status