- Work embedded as a member of squad OR; across multiple squads to produce, test, document and review algorithms & data specific source code that supports the deployment & optimisation of data retrieval, processing, storage and distribution for a business area.
This role is responsible for providing the analysis and design for information solutions to various business areas and the integration into the Data Warehouse. This includes the creation of the user requirements into technical specifications and design documents, as well as the possible identification of new data sources to the Data Warehouse.
Enable a Collaborative Partnership with business that drives an End-to-End Solution Delivery.
Working with Data Architects and Engineering teams to define the technical direction / solutions for the business.
Accountability: Elicit/review requirements from business units
- Continuous Delivery Engagement
- Drive Adoption of Solutions Design Concepts
- Drive Business Enablement (Recruitment / Coaching)
- Partner with Business to Drive a Post Implementation / Delivery Support Model
BSc (Eng or Comp Science or Information Systems) or BCom (Informatics) or equivalent NQF level 6 qualification
> 5 years Technical Experience (Knowledge and Exposure would be beneficial)
> 5 years Analysis Experience
- Understand Core Modelling Principles (Logical and Physical)
- Knowledge of the IT trends, Data Warehouse and Data Architecture principles, practices and standards
- To understand and apply concepts such as: Relational Data Structures, Entity-Relationship and Object Modeling, Data Warehouse / Marts
- Read / Understand Code of any Language
- Write queries of any Language (Preferably SQL / Scala)
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Understand / unpack the end-to-end flow data (process) and impact due to changes in data across the value chain of the data (From Cotton-to-Cash) ie. High Level Data Flow Diagrams, Source-to-Target mappings etc.
- Ability to vary the depth of analysis from High Level (Rapid) to detailed analysis)
- Conceptual understanding of Data Visualization / Data Virtualization
- JAD Facilitations
- Document and unpack Business Data Requirements through continuous Business and Tech Engagement
- Communication Skills (Verbal, Written)
- Excel (Proficient)
- PL SQL, MS SQL, Oracle, DB2, MySQL – HQL (Proficient)
- Scala or similar language useable in Spark - PySpark, R etc. (Knowledge and Exposure would be beneficial)
- Data Visualization Tools - Tableu, QlikView, QlikSense, Excel etc. (Intermediate)
- Data Virtualization Tools – Denodo (Knowledge and Exposure would be beneficial)
- Big Data Knowledge - (Intermediate)
- Analyse and resolve problems
- Deadline Driven
- Managing Tasks
- Meeting Timescales
- Team Working
- Impatient Driver (Pro-Active in resolving problem statements. No hand holding required)
- Curious (Self-motivated to learn new things and question things one don’t fully understand – not afraid to fail)
- Teachable (willing to learn and not afraid to ask)
Bachelor's Degree: Information Technology
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised