Applications Accepted Until: 2020-11-09
Unit: Central Office, Sandton
The IT Cloud Specialist will be responsible for providing specialist, high-level technical advice and support on the Cloud computing systems for all aspects of the day-to-day infrastructure including the design, testing, deployment and monitoring of the system; system performance and reporting, resolution of system problems, provision of system diagnostic information and system security in line with agreed service levels and in a manner that is professional, reliable, and in line with business and regulatory requirements.
This role will be required to ensure all practices are in line with policy, frameworks and tools based on researched leading and industry practice, technical solutions, specialised projects and innovation, and legislative support to advise, enable and support business operations in achieving their objectives.
- BTech or Equivalent
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) an advantage
- Certification in CompTIA Cloud
- Minimum of 8 years relevant IT industry experience in Cloud administration
- Demonstratable experience with Cloud servers in virtualized environments
- Demonstratable experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc.
- Demonstratable experience of Server hardware
- Demonstrable experience in the fundamentals of Cloud scripting languages
Skills and Knowledge
- Cloud servers in virtualized environments
- Fundamentals of Cloud scripting languages
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining services viz Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc.
- Configuration management tools, such as Puppet and Chef
- Load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Proficiency with network tools such as iptables, Cloud IPVS, HAProxy, etc.
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
- Knowledge of servers and switches and client infrastructure setup
- Project Management
- Creating and improving
- Sourcing information
- Applying expertise and technology
- Taking ownership
- Responding with urgency
Key Performance Areas
- Act as the owner and technical expert for creating and maintaining the Cloud computing system and the resolution of technical issues for the Sun International group and provide cloud hosting services support
- Design and implement logging, application monitoring, and capacity performance planning of cloud solutions, enhancing the current cloud hosting service request and incident management solution
- Design system installations and develop and administer configuration management solutions for the cloud computing system
- Evaluate and monitor system performance and ensure compliance with security standards, including centralized logging, threat analysis and remediation
- Produce and deliver support and advice, documentation and training around security patching and hardening of Cloud installations, undertaking security analysis and hardening to any systems administration
- Diagnose Cloud operating system faults, troubleshoot and provide working solutions
- Manage enterprise cloud platform and perform migration from System Center to VMware cloud environments
- Conduct the migration and operationalisation of workloads to new cloud solutions
- Collaborate with architects, engineering, client managers, project managers, applications and infrastructure teams to plan and coordinate changes
- Work with other IT and application teams to implement automation of their processes and improved monitoring of their systems
- Implementation and/or working in Cloud Brokarage environments
- Analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating system's servers, hardware, applications, and software
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
- Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team
- Define, document and enforce system standards
- Provide systems administration and software support for Cloud based systems
- Develop support processes and provide advice and support on back up, data storage, data recovery and meeting regulations on data management using Cloud
- Investigate new Cloud technologies and applications, sharing technical knowledge and expertise with colleagues and providing technical coaching and mentoring to colleagues in the use of Cloud operating systems
- Report on the Cloud operational status by gathering and prioritising information and managing projects
- Manage SLA process, performance and billing with vendors around Cloud requirements and support