We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
- Leading sales of the solutions to proactively establish and own the customer pipeline to achieve the anticipated growth rates and manage the successful implementation there-of leveraging the broader Mastercard support teams. Includes - manage and build key relationships in partnerships that enable the digital agenda / strategy (see KPI’s)
- Accountability of the digital market development strategies that drive / achieve sales, revenue and profit objectives for digital e.g. Driving incremental digital transaction volumes, QR, Tokenization, new digital categories like bill payments and related digital solutions with a specific customer focus on fintechs, retailers/merchants, issuers and acquirers. Own key fintech partnerships (mono market) that drive the digital evolution / plans (5 year Strategy) including new solution enablement with these e.g. open banking, A2A etc
- Proactively identify new business opportunities with traditional and/or non-traditional partners/segments/channels and expansion of new business development with existing partners, e.g. Whats App payments leveraging QR. Build the digital pipeline wrt new solutions, markets and customers, e.g. open banking and A2A.
- Provide solutions subject matter expertise and be the voice of digital (e.g. at digital indaba’s, conferences, seminars, customer sessions, PASA etc)
- Work cross-functionally under the umbrella of the South Africa Strategy by collaborating with Customer Account Managers, Business Developers and Product Owners to drive solution set implementation plans, identify sales leads, prioritize initiatives, develop propositions and close sales opportunities.
- Lead the sales effort, prioritizing, coordinating and developing the opportunity pipeline and business cases whilst leveraging all available resources and ensuring effective project implementation and coordination with; the business development and product teams (to develop the opportunity),
- Proactively highlighting, in collaboration with broader SA team, new product innovation opportunities emerging from discussions with acquirers, PSPs, fintechs and merchants. Assist broader cross functional team to develop new innovation solutions from inception to commercialisation, working with account, product and customer delivery teams. e.g. new solutions such as Whats App payments) and Customer Delivery (to ensure new implementation needs are fully planned and met).
- Work closely with issuers, merchants and acquirers on solution implementation and revenue realization. Initial projects will include the implementation of QR with key acquirer and merchant partners – ensuring the scale of transactions to support digital targets
- Own and drive transaction volumes with issuers and third party customers to scale e-commerce and other all digital categories
- Actively participate in the sales planning process within Core Sales and Product teams, e.g. Government ecosystems.
- Ownership of - Develop, coordinate and deliver proposals and project implementation plans for identified opportunities.
- Ownership of - Develop financial modelling and business cases for identified opportunities, as well as coordinate contract development with Legal.
- While expert in fintech, strong knowledge of South Africa ecosystem, able to understand connections between different types of customers (banks, fintechs, retailers, telcos, etc..) and identify opportunities
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.