About the job
1 X PARTNERSHIPS & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER –
Nazareth Care Africa is looking for an independent Partnerships and Communications Officer.
The ideal candidate needs commercial acumen, an understanding of the local / regional business environment, a formidable researcher, networker, proposal writer, presenter, negotiator, and project manager, as well as creative thinker and a thick-skinned marketer.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Managing the Partnerships & Communications portfolio. Partnerships refers to all fundraising via individual / corporates / donors / campaigns and any additional forms of income. Communication refers to all relationship building, management thereof for all forms of partnerships and fundraising as well as media.
- Implementation and execution of fundraising, sustainability, and communication strategies to achieve Nazareth Care Africa annual targets through maintaining and growing the existing donor-base, securing new and sustainable sources of contributions, and increasing brand awareness.
- Represent the Nazareth Care African Brand amongst influential audiences, donors and potential partners, the media, networking initiatives, conferences, at events and meetings.
- Build and manage media relationships and opportunities.
- Increase the Corporate Donor Base for Nazareth Care Africa through the activation of sustainable fundraising relationships with Private sector organizations.
- Maximize Funding Opportunities with Private Sector Organizations.
- Develop, implement, and measure micro strategies and proposals on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, communications, or related field. Alternatively, 5+ years’ experience in related position.
- 3+ Years’ experience in senior account position independently managing your tasks.
- 1-2 Years’ experience in fundraising activities and initiatives.
- Extensive and accurate knowledge of charitable organizations and NPOs, as well as the legal and financial procedures when conducting business.
- All applicants require a proven track record and contactable references.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English and Afrikaans is a must.
- Advanced capabilities in planning, researching, compiling proposals and copy writing for proposals and articles.
- Honesty, integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate with others within the organization and externally.
- Understanding of donor, community, and stakeholder behaviors.
- Willingness to support in all areas of the marketing department including areas outside of listed job KPI’s.
- Proficiency in MS office.
- Valid SA Drivers license and own vehicle.
- Own smart phone device.
- This position may require occasional travel.
- Well presented in appearance, behavior and communication at all time.
- Works well under pressure.
- Conscientious with tasks and time management.
- Adaptability and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent active listening, logical thinking, effective communication, and creative skills.
- Strong planning, organizational and administrative skills always paying close attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills in order to pitch and build relationships online and offline.
- Principled, ethical, and professional.
- Consistently displays a high level of enthusiasm, energy, initiative, and drive.
This is an in-house position with strict targets and expectancies. You will be working with a young and motivated team; energetic and hardworking individuals only should apply.
To apply, please send your CV as well as a motivational letter outlining previous work experience relevant to the position including achievements to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, non-reply within 1 week after closing date indicates an unsuccessful application.