The main purpose of the job is to support the Senior Manager/Associate Director or Director in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagement / project.
Focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practice development.
Develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
Specialised Technical Capabilities:
Plans and Manages Technology Risk Solutions:
Ability to guide teams through the design and implementation of technology risk solutions to enhance security, increase efficiency and support achievement of business goals
- Combines industry knowledge and domain experience to help client identify, assess, and manage technology and data risk
- Oversees teams in assessing current state systems, processes, and technologies, defining requirements, and developing / configuring the infrastructure to align with sector requirements, strategic business goals, and existing operations
- Leverages an in-depth knowledge of market-specific products and solutions to enhance impact of recommended solutions
Plans and Manages Assurance Engagements:
- Ability to effectively plan assurance engagements and enable insight-driven implementations
- Conducts thorough analysis of client’s IT systems and business processes to identify and manage related risks, and ensure delivery of accurate and complete data
- Considers and leverages the broader regulatory framework and business process governance models governing internal controls and assurance requirements of the client when planning and managing assurance engagements
- Identifies appropriate assurance documentation that aligns with engagement type, scope, and objectives; advises functional and business stakeholders accordingly
- Increases impact and efficiency of assurance engagements through knowledge of auditing techniques and by identifying and leveraging additional Deloitte service offerings (e.g., Risk Analytics, Audit), as appropriate
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge
- Knowledge and appreciation of the wider IT issues and service opportunities beyond the specific scope of typical ITSA services
- Able to scope engagements effectively and assign and manage an appropriate team to deliver against the engagement requirements
- Demonstrated ability to manage engagements that encompass the wider RA services incorporating specialists from other Offerings
- Demonstrated people skills and development capability.
- Strong in delivery of PCOAB requirements, SOX requirements and TPA
- Strong on Digital Risk and proactively drives Emerging Technologies capability and opportunities.
- Knowledge leader in specific industries
- Demonstrates innovative thinking and implementation thereof
- Knowledge and application of key Controls Advisory solutions and ability to sell and deliver these in the market
Skills in certain specialised advisory areas including:
- Network applications and infrastructure
- Enterprise architecture
- Data storage and management
- ITIL Incident and Management
- FSI banking, card, fraud and financial crime
- Agile / DevOps
- Cloud Technologies
- Cognitive Technologies (AI, ML, RPA etc).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective engagement management; Able to deliver engagements on time and within budget
- Proven ability to make decisions and the right judgement calls
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance/coaching to junior member of the team
- Ability to inspire and enthuse others to commitment and involvement
- Assumes overall ownership for the engagement. Good supervisory and people management skills
- Keeps calm under pressure
- Ownership of deliverables
- Relevant Degree, Honours or post graduate diploma.
- Professional certifications such as CISA, CISM or CISSP + relevant CPD that establishes credibility and capability in the IT Risk market
- Successful completion of MADC (after 3 years as Manager).
- 5 years in a client facing role
- 5-7 years IT Audit experience in one or more key industries of focus for Deloitte e.g. financial services, TMT, consumer business etc.
- Experience in business process, third party assurance and controls advisory.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in the delivery of small to medium engagements that meet all quality assurance standards and required technical depth and breadth