RCL FOODS is a leading African food producer in South Africa with a market capitalisation of R13 billion and employing more than 20 000 people in operations across South and Southern Africa. We manufacture a wide range of branded and private label food products which we distribute through our own route-to-market supply chain specialist, Vector Logistics. ...
Read more about this company
Risk and System Coordinator
RCL FOODS is seeking to employ an experienced Risk and Systems Coordinator to implement safety, health, environment, quality and risk systems within the feed mill operation and to facilitate the implementation, maintenance and updating of the Total Integrated Management System.
This position will be based at RCL FOODS Rustenburg operation and will report to the Mill Manager.
Contributes to functional strategy in action:
- Provides Input into annual functional “Strategy into Action, and executes annual objectives in terms of Risk and Systems.
- Provides input and contributes to the relationship between cross functional mill management team by driving and facilitating Risk and Systems.
- Provides input into National Risk and Systems Team by keeping up to date with the latest trends and developments in Risk and Systems.
- Supports Operations in safety, health, environment, risk, quality and TIMS to ensure KPI’s productivity.
- Reports on a weekly basis on Risk safety, health, environment, risk, quality and TIMS issues.
- Management of Safety Health Environment, Risk and Quality (SHEQ)
Guides Business Unit in terms of legislative requirements by:
- Interpreting and implementing statutory requirements
- Reporting on safety incident to relevant internal departments and Department of Labour
- Promoting effectiveness of safety reps by continuous follow-up
- Identifying and interpreting health, environment and safety risks and making relevant recommendations for corrective action
- Cultivating a culture of safety awareness in the feed mill.
- Implementing and maintaining Alexander Forbes Risk System.
- Facilitates the supply and maintenance of correct emergency equipment
- Updating emergency plan and promoting awareness to ensure legal compliance
Supports the Management team in maintaining sustainability by:
- Complying and implementing ISO environmental procedures in terms of ISO Standard 14001
- Monitoring and recording of ISO 14001 compliance and corrective actions
- Consulting environmental experts and advising management on issues of compliance
- Supervising and executing environmental laws on site to ensure awareness and adherence to Environmental laws and policies
- Recording of daily fuel, water and electricity readings in order to track consumption
Monitors and facilitates the adherence and maintenance of ISO 9000/ 22 000/ 14000/ 18000 by:
- Monitoring the implementation ISO procedures in terms of Rainbow TIMS System
- Maintaining document and record control as per TIMS and Rainbow Supply Chain Procedures
- Verifying that procedures reflect actual practice through the use audits
- Scheduling internal audits to highlight non-conformance notifying management of action plans for issues to be addresses
- Verifying and following up on corrective actions and management programs.
- Assisting with the identification of feed safety hazards and implementation of control measures & PRP’s as member of Feed Safety team
- Champions training and development of self and others through utilising available training opportunities or contributing to the development of new training solutions relating to SHE in collaboration with national training specialists.
- Maintain a basic appreciation and awareness of employee relations climate and ensure corrective action is taken where required in line with relevant legislation and company policy.
- Champions the identification and implementation of , health, environment, risk, quality and TIMS training
- Reports on and manages all input costs within risk department and manages any budget over or under spend appropriately to ensure that issues are addressed before significant financial loss occurs.
- Authorises Risk expenses within level of authority and monitor own spending to ensure compliance to financial and ethical standards.
- Implements and encourages cost cutting initiatives within the Risk department where these do not impact on long term business sustainability
- Safety Management Diploma, B Tech or NADSAM. SAMTRAC/ITIS (advantageous)
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all applicable SHE legislation.
- Thorough working knowledge and experience of ISO 14001,OHSAS 18001 and integrated ISO/OHSAS Systems.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of internationally recognized risk management principles.
- Development of Thorough working knowledge and experience of Alexander Forbes Risk Management Standards.
Closing Date: 30 October 2020