The Specialist Enterprise Security Executive is a sales professional within our enterprise sales organization. The Specialist Enterprise Security manages the relationship with the CISO and compliance decision makers in Microsoft’s top accounts, drives revenue and market share by providing customers with insights and solutions that help them confidently and securely move to the cloud. Work across Sales, Product, Marketing, Partner and Services organizations to pull together offerings that promote the goals of accelerating customer adoption of the Microsoft Cloud, leveraging advanced capabilities of Windows 10, EMS, Office 365 and Azure, and utilizing Microsoft’s and partner services for assessments, monitoring and detection, and incident response.
Qualify prospects into opportunities by using consultative approaches to demonstrate how customers can enable digital transformation through cloud solutions, leveraging Microsoft Security and Compliance offerings.
Determine the appropriate solution bringing together Microsoft team members as well as partners. Develop and present proposals to customers in conjunction with account and other specialist teams, monitoring the procurement process, facilitating discussions/negotiations between partners and/or Services and making recommendations on additional products or offerings to move deals to close. Ensure a positive Customer and Partner Experience (CPE) that can be leveraged in future sales engagements.
- Develop relationships with customer, CxO level Business and Technical Decision Makers, with a primary focus on CISOs. Drive security and compliance solution sales scenarios through understanding the customer’s long and short-term strategy, the industry, and the competition.
- Own the development, creation and updating of the account security plan, aligning with the overall account plan strategy.
- Responsible for security deals orchestration, deal structure, developing value based propositions, crafting and selling solutions mapped to customer business outcomes.
- Drive pursuit strategies including precise opportunity close plans working closely with the local Account and Specialists Teams.
- Ensure opportunities are accurately qualified and mapped to customer budget cycle, aligned with Account Teams
- Orchestrate both Customer and Microsoft key resources in a virtual team environment to define solution vision and achieve desired business outcomes.
- Manage the overall Security opportunity deal governance working with the customer’s CISO/Security team and the Microsoft local Account and Specialist Teams.
- 10+ years’ recognized and rewarded experience selling enterprise security business solutions to large/global enterprise customers.
- Proven record of effective account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise selling to senior business leaders, especially CISO, by aligning & reinforcing the value of cybersecurity solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Cloud offerings and/or complementing solutions. The position requires the ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft's solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies, together with security and compliance offerings relative to major Microsoft competitors.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise software security solutions and platform competitor landscape. Including specific knowledge in key security domains across the entire customer environment, like Identity and Access Management, Threat Protection, Information Protection.
- Strong understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
- Ability to orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence, and integration skills, working with the Account Teams as well as Marketing teams to drive demand generation.
- Candidates must have field-based knowledge of competing and winning against solutions and technologies from competitors.
- The candidate must be confident and capable of delivering readiness to sales audiences and be able to represent the Cybersecurity solution sales business locally inside and outside of Microsoft, as well as be able to speak as a subject matter expert (SME) at industry or customer events.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred, relevant industry security certifications desired (e.g. CISSP, CCSP)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.