To manage and maintain compliance to Quality and Food Safety systems in the relevant plant to ensure Product Quality from receipt of raw materials to final product production
The role involves supervision and engagement with the Quality Assurance Technician, Team Leaders, Unit Mangers, Senior Site Management, Machine operators and shop-floor personnel and also all across the manufacturing supply chain (team leaders engineering technicians and contractors).
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Key Outputs and Accountabilities
1. Understand Business Strategic Priorities and Business Processes
- Monitor and report on Quality Goals and Objectives with Business Strategic Objectives
- Report on KPI’s aligned with internal Management, CCBA and Coca-Cola Requirements (reporting systems to include all Quality
- Ensure Corrective Action Plans are in place to correct and improve on KPI’s
2. Ensure Product and Package Quality meets legal, internal CCBA and Coca-Cola Requirements
- Ensure that Product and Package Quality standards are monitored and controlled for plant according to legal, internal and Coca-Cola Requirements.
- Ensure that ingredients and package quality is monitored and controlled to agreed standards for all internal products.
- Implement Good Laboratory Practices in all laboratories on site (on-line, QA and micro) and ensure that all consumables are managed and stocked accordingly.
- Ensure that Laboratory Equipment is Serviced, Maintained, Calibrated and Verified as per agreed standards.
- Ensure Process Capability programs are implemented, monitored and reviewed by all relevant QA, Engineering and Production departments on agreed frequencies.
- Supports implementation of Quality at Source in the plant and develop Quality Assurance functionality
3. Initiate and Facilitate Continuous Improvement for Quality and Food Safety
- Ensure continuous improvement programs for Quality Process Capability is established
- Ensure Statistical Process control implementation and capability to improve product and package quality
- Facilitate technical problem solving regarding quality issues and equipment
- Ensure problem solving capability for all site teams with reference to Quality and Food Safety
4. Manage Cost plans and Costs
- Implement and manage the cost plans
- Manage and adhere to Quality budget
- Accountable to ensure adherence to budget for all Equipment Contracts
- Ensure that quotations are available in time to update Rolling Estimates for consumables
- Ensure that all laboratory CAPEX requirements are communicated and planned for in the annual budget process according to the Standard lab list.
5. Manage Human Resources
- Manage the development of staff competencies
- Ensure a healthy ER climate
- Attract, Recruit and retain talent
- Manage own performance in a way that shapes a high performance, high engagement culture.
- Manage performance of others in a way that shapes a high performance, high engagement culture.
- Demonstrate behaviour which builds, maintains or enhances company reputation.
6. Deliver Excellence in Customer Service
- Identify and communicate customer needs and expectations
- Build effective relations with internal and external customers
- Actively improve internal and external customer relationships
7. Accountable for the subordinate safety
- Implement Safety Systems for Department
- Ensure compliance to standards to prevent any safety related incidents in the department
- Conduct risk assessments for Quality Team
Skills, Experience & Education
- Minimum requirement: B.Sc or BTech in Science or Technology
- Added advantage: M.Sc or MTech in Science or Technology
- Minimum 3-5 years in Food Processing Plant. Good process knowledge, preferably in a bottling environment
- 2 Years supervisory experience
- Finance/Budget controlling
- National Labour Relations & Public Affairs
- Social Responsibility
- Result and Execution Driven
- Decisive and Risk Pragmatic
- Resilient and energetic
- Customer focused
- Apply Organsiation Understanding to drive a Quality Culture
- Understanding Manufacturing Process
- Understanding SC Ways principles and practices
- Apply knowledge of Quality management Systems
- Apply knowledge of SPC
- Apply knowledge of Infinity and Achiever systems
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional or relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested applicants, who meet the above employee specifications, should please apply using the Neptune Portal.