- Responsible for management of moderate to highly complex programs consisting of multiple related projects. Oversee major projects, providing strategic context, direction and leadership to the teams involved. Monitor project execution plans, resource deployment and overall coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and to budget. Role responsibilities include components of: resource management, finance management, quality management and control management.
Accountability: Project Management
- The management of projects, typically (but not exclusively) involving the development and implementation of business processes to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality.
- Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of small- to medium-scale projects.
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ensures that quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
- Manages the change control procedure and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets and are signed off.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team and takes appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
Accountability: Change Implementation, Planning & Management
Defining and managing the process of deploying and integrating IT capabilities into the business in a way that is sensitive to, and fully compatible with, business operations.
- Ensures that there is a business perspective on how the new technical capabilities will be delivered to the business, including planning around key business cycles, selecting appropriate customers for migration, etc.
- Initiates the business implementation plan, including all the activities that the business needs to do to prepare for new technical components and technologies.
- Drives sites to deliver site implementation plans and align with the overall plan.
- Tracks and reports against these activities to ensure progress.
- Defines and manages the activities to ensure achievement of the business case after delivery.
- Outlines key business engagement messages that need to take place throughout the programme/project.
Accountability: Benefits Management
- Monitoring for the emergence of anticipated policy benefits (typically specified as part of the business case for a change programme or project). Action typically by the programme management team) to optimise the business impact of individual and combined benefits.
- Promotes the change programme vision to staff at all levels of the business operation, brings order to complex situations and keeps a focus on business objectives.
- Works with senior people responsible for the line business operation to ensure that maximum improvements are made in the business operations as groups of projects deliver their products into operational use.
- Maintains the business case for funding the programme and confirms the continuing business viability of the programme at regular intervals.
Accountability: Stakeholder Relationship Management
The coordination of relationships with and between key stakeholders, during the design, management and implementation of business change.
- Develops and manages one or more defined communication channels and/or stakeholder groups.
- Initiates communications between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact for defined groups.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders.
- Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
- Facilitates the business change decision-making processes and the planning and implementation of change.
Education and Experience Required
- BSc degree (NQF 7)
- At least 8 years’ experience in implementing or 10 years’ experience working on complex projects
- Appropriate professional accreditation in Programme and or Project Management (e.g. Agile, Prince2, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), PMP - PMBOK certification)
- Solid direct knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Project Management experience gained in a complex Financial Service environment, preferable
Knowledge and skills: (Maximum of 6)
- Proven Project Management and Change Management skills and expertise
- Experience of managing activity across the whole of a project lifecycle, using current technology, structured methods and a quality process (e.g. PMP method, Prince2, etc.)
- Exposure to governance, control and risk management
- Proven ability to effectively work across teams at all levels
- Ability to negotiate/influence at senior level
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good workshop and meeting facilitation skills
- Good financial Business Case Skills.
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised